No more plastic sleeves in boxes

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Just curious, I haven't CRHed much in a while and do it sparingly since the finds aren't great anymore in my area but recently I noticed all the boxed coins in my area all have switched from plastic to paper sleeves which make it a real pain to search dimes, quarters.. etc. I used to search dimes often but not anymore. Halves have always come in paper however. I'm wondering if it is this way too across the country or is this just in my area only?

I'm guessing they're doing this for ecological reasons? Paper better than plastic for the planet but not CRH. LOL

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's only your area. I get them from brinks supplied banks in my area.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you guessed it. Good ole moonbeam probably ordered it. By the way, good luck taking care of all those "refugees" Brown said he was willing to receive and take care of.
HH
enamel7

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I prefer paper rolls over clear plastic. Tellers may get in the habit of opening clear tube boxes , search for the white AG & then substitute that roll from their personal vault. Not so with paper however.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks does clear plastic in my area. Everyone else does paper. I love those clear plastic rolls for dimes. Those and CWRs are the only way I will search dimes anymore. The paper rolls are a pain to open and I don't find shiz in them.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
I normally dump full boxes of the plastics wraps without even opening the box. Never ounce pulled a silver from a plastic roll

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I prefer paper rolls over clear plastic. Tellers may get in the habit of opening clear tube boxes , search for the white AG & then substitute that roll from their personal vault. Not so with paper however.

Usually I would ask for an unopened box to get around the tellers doing their own searching. It was fine for a while but now the rolls are all in paper. It took me forever to do the last four boxes of dimes and I found nothing. I hadn't seen any foreign coins in them yet either so this is making me wonder if they have new equipment to take out the foreign coins and Ag. I need a larger sample to be sure. Bummer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread