Not another "Im done" thread!!!

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Not another "I'm done" thread!!! Update

It's been awhile, but I've got to get this down. Hang on.

I have been CRH for ? about 3-4 years, having a regular pickup from a local US Bank. Two weeks ago I went to get my coin, and they didn't have it. The teller wouldn't talk to me................uh-oh. An "assistant manager" (she's kinda new) told me that she thought that when she'd helped me with my coin order the week before that it had been a "one time deal". I explained to her that I had been getting boxed coin for many years, and that it had never been a problem before. She didn't seem to care, and further explained that I wouldn't be getting coin from them any more.

A few moments later the "manager" motioned me to her office and we had the same conversation. This manager has been in place about a year, and she admitted to seeing me in the bank often (weekly........) but she couldn't allow me to get coins from them, as it "cost them money". I told her that I doubted that, as they have a weekly delivery from Brinks, and I was only piggy-backing on their already standing order. She wouldn't budge. I declined her offer to "save" certain coins that might come in for me, as I was too angry.

I seem to have become another victim of "the bottom line". My deposits are only in the mid four figures, but I do have money there.

The last boxes I got had were actually the best in months. The year started out great, and I found 50-some 40% in 4K the first week. The next week, the bottom fell out, and I don't think I've found 50 silvers since. My final order had more 90s than 40, and the first roll had two Walkers and a Ben. For a while I thought I'd struck it rich! That same week a local hunter posted finding several Walkers and Bens; we were likely searching the same dump.

Since I've been hunting, I've saved my proofs. I couldn't bring myself to dump them. They're going to the coin counter this week. I had thought about sending to ebay, but I'm not interested in the work that would entail.

To answer the many questions, yes I've done it right. I am always extremely polite and patient. I lavish the tellers with gifts and treats. Valentine's Day, the whole place gets candy. Halloween, ditto. Candy, bagels from Panera Bread, jumbo cupcakes, you name it, I've given it. Christmas, the whole place gets gifts. This for my pickup AND dump banks. I spend more on treats than I realize in silver "profit".

It's been a great ride, but it looks like I'm done.

Update: Dumped $215 FV in proofs last Friday. They're in the Nashville TN area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that! It sucks when it happen. Pickup bank is easier to find than dump bank. Look around and you should find new source.

On the other hand, I never buy my tellers bagels, cupcakes, etc. IMHO a lot of ladies will associate bagels with gaining weight but not as a treat. I only buy them chocolates, fairly good ones, like Hershey ($3 for a 12oz bag). Most ladies like chocolates (I only met one who say no to). Chemically speaking chocolate is addictive to ladies. Once established a pattern, they don't want to break it. I buy them once a month so they have something to look for. If I don't show up for a long time, they will miss the chocolate (and me). So far works well for me.

I also watch out promotions about chocolates at CVS, grocery store, etc. Sometimes for the weekend you can buy a $3 bag with $2. Then I would buy 10 or 20 bags.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy my tellers bath and body works hand sanitizer. They appreciate it since they touch dirty money all day. I also take them goodie bags with assorted candy during thanksgiving and Easter. It helps me stay on their good side.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man we just keep falling lol

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Ramjet, very sorry to hear this, you are one of the members here that I like, you've always had good comments on my threads and others, I really hope you can figure out another pickup bank. I have 1 branch of my pickup banks that cut me off about a year ago ( some auditor came in and saw my boxes being delivered and told the teller to tell me no more) I just went to a branch farther away and started ordering there ( much farther away though), maybe you can do the same. Well, please keep us posted if you do figure something out and good luck! HH, Maverick.

Graciegirl

Jun 5, 2014
Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about what happened to you. I have a brokerage account with a bank that I was dumping my coins at and they told me they wouldn't take my coins anymore unless I opened a checking account. They also claimed that it cost them money to accept my (rolled) coins. I opened a checking account, but not through that branch (used my broker).

Send a letter to the banks head office. See if they have an official policy. Also explain that you will close your account.

I hope you don't give up for good.

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Thanks for the replies and well-wishes, everyone. It means a lot. Really.

Just typed a huge reply, that somehow got erased. I hate the track pad on this laptop...............

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that Ramjet. Hope you can find another bank that will order for you.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Sorry to here this. Unfortunately others don't understand that it doesn't matter if you search one box or twenty boxes a week. The shutdown is inevitable. Only think you can do is move onto the next bank and hope to start the same path again until they pull the same

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Before you change banks, ask to talk to that nasty manager again. But this time tell him/her that you will be closing your account(s) at the end of the month, then you'll see a change in their attitude. However, still find that other bank to open a new account. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread