Got lucky.....

Mohawk918

Greenie
Aug 22, 2014
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the other day i walked into my normal bank and asked for all the half dollars and they came back with $5 of half dollars. I put the roll in my hand and immediatly noticed silver!!! Controling my excitement i checked them out from my account and walked to my car. Looked through the 10 coins and found a 1964 and a mint 2003 S clad. What yall think. Im brand new to CRH so dont know how rare this is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well the 64 being a 90% is a good score --the NIFC (not intended for circulation) 2003 is just for collector types --unless its a "s" mint "silver issue" is most likely just a "clad half" while shiny pretty * it has no silver value

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 2003 is a clad proof. Not worth anytime over 50 cents unless it is perfect. Perfect clad proofs from the wild are rare.

Proof silver coins exist too. look at the rim to tell if it's silver or clad.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't worry about it, seriously.

PCGS photograde - but the graders judge proofs much harsher than regular coinage.

If it's not a 69 or 70 on the grading scale, it's not worth much!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to. I keep nicer looking proofs, but really, there's little interest in them. You'd be lucky if you had them for a dollar each at a garage sale and someone bought them just because they're shiny. If you want a collection, go for it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread