Wheaties for Breakfast

Scarface

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2006
Concordia, Mo
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
This really isn't CRH, but it's great just the same. At work we are having a contest for "The Relay for Life". Groups of people were given a glass mason jar, and who ever has the most "Pocket Change" in it, at the end of the month "wins" Paid time off.

So I walk in this morning, and our jar was filled with pennies. Glancing down while getting my things together I noticed a couple of Wheaties, so I contacted the girls running the contest, and asked if I could buy them out of there. They said yes, so I dumped the Jar on the table.

20 minutes later I had $7.00 worth, Thats right 700 wheaties. So that was a great start to my day. I haven't had a chance to check dates or anything else.

Can anyone tell me is there anything to look for and/or what is this worth.

Thanks for reading. Eric

Upvote 0

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
first off, look for these dates- 1909S V.D.B, 1909S, 1910S, 1911S, 1912S, 1913S, 1914D & S, 1915S, 1922D, 1922 weak or no D, 1923S, 1924D, 1926S, 1931D, 1931S, 1932, and 1933D. if you have any of these, these are rare and post a picture. also, anything 1941 and newer are generally worth 2 cents each in circualted condition.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
coinlover said:
also, anything 1941 and newer are generally worth 2 cents each in circualted condition.

1981 and earlier are the coppers, save them. Worth about 2.2 cents each.

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
oh yea, i forgot about the coppers! did you see the price per roll today?! $1.14 a roll! :o i'm glad i'm saving mine! are they starting to take these out of circulation?

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
:o What a great start to collecting wheaties, 700 of them! Congratulations!! ;D Let us know if you found any early wheaties. :)

Maybe I should be saving the coppers, they are $1.14 a roll now? What's wrong with me, someone tell me. I was just joking I don't want to really know what's wrong with me. lol

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...that is alot of Wheats.....WTG!! It sounds like the contest is for a good cause too.

Let us know if you find any of those key dates Coinlover mentioned....good luck!

coinlover said:
oh yea, i forgot about the coppers! did you see the price per roll today?! $1.14 a roll! :o i'm glad i'm saving mine! are they starting to take these out of circulation?

$1.14 per roll? Glad I started saving them too.

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
lejeuene said:
Wow...that is alot of Wheats.....WTG!! It sounds like the contest is for a good cause too.

Let us know if you find any of those key dates Coinlover mentioned....good luck!

coinlover said:

well, they were priced at $1.14 a roll yesterday, but now a roll of copper cents is worth $1.16 a roll! it rose 2 cents in a day! if any of you haven't starting hoarding these copper cents, its not too late! yet! ;)

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
coinlover said:
lejeuene said:

coinlover said:

well, they were priced at $1.14 a roll yesterday, but now a roll of copper cents is worth $1.16 a roll! it rose 2 cents in a day! if any of you haven't starting hoarding these copper cents, its not too late! yet! ;)
I'm trying to search 25,000 pennies in the next week or so. I'm up to 16,400 so far. Saving all of my coppers!

coinlover

Oct 21, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
scotto said:
coinlover said:
lejeuene said:

coinlover said:

I'm trying to search 25,000 pennies in the next week or so. I'm up to 16,400 so far. Saving all of my coppers!
thats the way to do it! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions