Wife had all the luck...

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the wife and I have realized we really enjoy sorting through coins, and convinced some of the family to give us their change collections. Not a ton, but about $70 in quarters, $15 in dimes, $5 in nickles and $3 in pennies. Wife managed to find the only two of interest, a 1936 buffalo nickle and a 1944 wheat penny.

IMG_20141031_225548.jpg

Now we just need to find some more change... I know it's a Popsicle chance in hell, but I even put something up on craigslist looking to buy peoples change... I just think since CoinStars came out, few people have massive collections of change anymore.... I want to get to a bank and start actually roll hunting (so far we have just been going through the pennies I collected and the families change), we are a little tight on money for the moment. Plus it doesn't help that I keep all the copper pennies (so buying $50 in pennies would turn into a $30 dump) and all nickles, so dimes are the cheapest ones for us. Hopefully after the holidays we will find some extra money and start in on the rolls.

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
if you post something on craigslist, odds are a roller will use you as a dump bank.

Your best bet would be to buy a coin counting machine, and buy a store front beside a store that sells the drug, cannabis, and offer cash for coins. I'm serious about this, a lot of kids are probably (and unfortunately) stealing their parents coin collection just to buy the recently legalized drug.

You might think it's unethical but, better you get the silver than the "legal" drug dealers, dawg. It's their fault this is happening, not yours. In fact, you're doing good by keeping the Ag out of their hands.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
if you post something on craigslist, odds are a roller will use you as a dump bank.

I agree with this too, actually.

I saw someone offering this on Craigslist and seriously thought about just pouring a bunch of cents that I had laying around into a big jug and letting someone else count them for me and throw in a wheat or two and calling it a day and getting cash for a dump I didn't have to make.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread