Bags vs. Boxes

onecvj

Jan 24, 2007
My usual bank will order me halves whenever I request them. I usually get 2 boxes when I order. There are a couple other banks in town who will also order halves and theirs come in $1000 bags. I have only picked up one bag so far and it had just 2 40% but have another that just came in today that I will pick up later. My boxes have been either skunks or have had about 7 keepers or so. I plan to just keep ordering from both for awhile and see which is better, but was wondering which you all would prefer and why.

Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would prefer boxes, mainly because the count is much more accurate.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne1956 said:
I would prefer boxes, mainly because the count is much more accurate.

I have never bought a bag but they sound like they will be more interesting than a box (and also twice a heavy :() It takes a lot of people to fill a bag so I think I would buy one if I could.

I have only seen one bank in a 20 mile radius that has a counter and then it was in the back and they would not let me go back there, even when they were counting MY money. They said it was a safety hazard. What am I going to do slip on a loose $20 that fell on the floor and hit my head on a bag of IKEs?

OP
OP
onecvj

onecvj

Jan 24, 2007
It is fun searching a bag because you can just dump a bunch on the table and go through them without opening all the rolls. I know one of the banks ordered the bag from it's main branch in town. I then found out at a third branch of that same bank that it doesn't keep its halves, it just ships them to the main bank. So it sounds like all the halves in the system in up at that one bank and then get sent out in bags when ordered. Sounds like a possible recipe for success, then again, it may also end up as a carousel of searched halves being shipped in and out. I don't return them to that bank, but I think I'll start marking some to see if and when they come back around to me.

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I can only get bags, not boxes here. I roll them up and take them to a different bank. The bags I get here come from Louisiana.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread