Delayed finds; surprise surprise

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Do ya'all remember my post about a month ago where I bought a box of halves from Bank of America and when I got it to the car, I found that the halves were all shiny 1995's?

Well, I was a little mistaken. This morning I was checking my spending halves and doing a tally and I started looking at the ends of the rolls from the 1995 box. I noticed that a few of the rolls were not shiny 1995's. I opened those up and ended up finding a nice 1964 kennedy. Also, 1966, 1967, and 1968 40% kennedy halves.

Those finds plus the nice shiny 1995's make the box well worth it. I am satisfied now although I was pretty disappointed about it a month ago.

Upvote 0

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
You know I was at one bank about a week ago and they had 8 rolls. All sides were shiny 98s on both sides or 2000s on both sides. I passed them by. I wonder if I should go back and see if they still have them.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't believe you waited this long and haven't opened them all already.

"you can't judge a book by its cover"

let us know how it turns out.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprise, surprise (Gomer Pyle just popped in head for some reason...lol).....WTG RD!!!

You'll probably check closer next time huh....but like the saying goes...better late than never! Sweet.

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
After I bought the box and thought they were all 1995's, I figured it would be a waste of time to open all of them to check for silver so I just let them sit for about a month. I have now gone through and checked them all. As I checked, I pulled out the best of the best 1995 coins and am saving five rolls of those for the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread