Fill in the Blank

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this what I believe to be a blank nickel planchet. I found it in a CWR. Both sides are totally smooth and both sides have just what appear to be bag marks from circulation. I have never found a blank planchet so any help on verifying it or its value would be appreciated.

20160114_145754.jpg 20160114_145739.jpg

Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thickness looks the same? try getting a picture of the coins on their edge...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's the same size & weight, it's probably legit. I found one once as well. Cool find!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I agree based on the pics...looks legit. Nice find.

I managed to dig a blank planchet zincoln a couple of years ago and had no idea until it come out of the tumbler all cleaned up. Most zincons come outta the groung half eaten up ("pac man" bites, etc) This one is real nice with only one tiny spot showing zinc on a surface and no edge corrosion.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
assuming both photos on right are the 2 sides of the coin in question, and the coins on left are just shown as examples, what you have is an un- struck blank with formed rim. weight should be a hair under 5 grams. Redbook value is $10. great find, I got a blank copper cent last month, it sold for $3

OP
OP
M

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
assuming both photos on right are the 2 sides of the coin in question, and the coins on left are just shown as examples, what you have is an un- struck blank with formed rim. weight should be a hair under 5 grams. Redbook value is $10. great find, I got a blank copper cent last month, it sold for $3

Thanks everyone for the help. The pictures are of both sides

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions