Adult

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Guy in front of me in line today cashed in about a dozen bright proof Kennedy's. I went upto the same teller and got some pennies, nickels and dimes. I asked if she had any halves, she said no. I wished her a good day and went about my business.

I did did get a beautiful '70-S Kennedy out of a teller tray yesterday. Asked if I could buy them and she said no problem. I wished her a good day and went about my business.

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SOME TELLERS HAVE CLAWS AND GNASHING FANGS--AND SOME JUST GLOW AND PURR

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy in front of me in line today cashed in about a dozen bright proof Kennedy's. I went upto the same teller and got some pennies, nickels and dimes. I asked if she had any halves, she said no. I wished her a good day and went about my business.

I did did get a beautiful '70-S Kennedy out of a teller tray yesterday. Asked if I could buy them and she said no problem. I wished her a good day and went about my business.

Spot-on. :icon_thumright:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your 70-s find. Your story is a good example for any new or old CRH to follow.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, gotta just let it go.... Should be another rule in crhing. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Congrats on your 70-s find. Your story is a good example for any new or old CRH to follow.
Thanks. I could tell it was a proof silver because it was on the end of her tray. When she handed it to me I could tell it was a 40%er. I didn't check the date until I got outside. I was actually a bit disappointed with it being a 70-S. I'm trying to put together a collection of all of the 40% coins and only need the 68 & 69 proofs. I already had the 70-S and two 70-D's. I wasn't too put off though. Any proof silver is good silver. Thanks.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Yup, gotta just let it go.... Should be another rule in crhing. HH, Maverick.
Agree. I missed a bag one time that was loaded. The teller felt bad his manager wouldn't let him sell it to me so he reached into the bag and tossed me a 40% for free. Looked like 50% of the bag was silver. It happens...

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
If there was a roll of bright proof halves in a teller's tray, I wouldn't even ask for them. They're hard to sell. I've seen so many proofs and NIFC's, I just leave or spend them with dumps. I spent a proof today at Walmart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread