Silver overnight on a wild ride

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that this was the FIRST TIME that the daily increase for silver was HIGHER than gold(+$.79). Maybe we are getting ready for a wild SPIKE ride?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Question to old CRH members. When silver was nearly $48 back in 2011, was the availability of silver plentiful or scarce?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question to old CRH members. When silver was nearly $48 back in 2011, was the availability of silver plentiful or scarce?

Just as scarce. There was more competition but more silver too. Now there seems to be less competition but less silver too.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as scarce. There was more competition but more silver too. Now there seems to be less competition but less silver too.

This is great info.

I would guess the folks who bought it high are still holding onto it to try and break even.... Those are the folks who are now out of the game Too gunshy to get back in maybe...

trhunter7777

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
KC MO
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Fisher CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On thing I noticed over the years was the higher gas prices got, the better the coin rolls got, best guess was people were cashing in the jars of change in the back closet to fill the tank.

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is the Hong Kong market that silver is up .75 to
$20.30 now.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it broke the $21 mark then came down a bit. Hi-Ho silver! Maybe those flee bags on the radio that keep sayin it could hit $100 by year's end are right.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The daily spot price is hovering around the 2014 yearly average spot price. Wasn't 2014 the last time that they promised $100/oz by year end?
Or maybe it was 2013 or 2015 that was supposed to see $100 Ag. It's hard to keep track. It will probably happen this year.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The U.S. is back in a recession. Plus China needs literally tons of silver for their solar panels they are going to make.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The U.S. is back in a recession. Plus China needs literally tons of silver for their solar panels they are going to make.

I don't think the U.S ever got out of the recession, we just weathered it better and covered it up better than everyone else.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The recession never left. If you have the cash you can buy most any collectible a whole lot cheaper now than in the last 10 years.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think the U.S ever got out of the recession, we just weathered it better and covered it up better than everyone else.

Exactly... add some fudged figures in there, and it's like it never happened.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread