I wish i could take a PEEK!!!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to one of my bigger dump banks that has a large coin counter with a capacity collection bin that takes ALL coins into the same very large bin on wheels within. Naturally as I was making my dump, it reaches capacity, stops, and a teller has to come pull out the large bin, get a bin $ tally, and insert a fresh new empty bin. As she pulls out the full bin, on the floor I noticed a very white GW quarter, picked it up & asked if I could buy it be replacing it with one out of my pocket. She said yes, be my guest. When seeing the bin tally on the screen it showed over $3000 in quarters, plus all the other demon $ and quantities. I just wish that I could have peeked inside the bin to see how many more silver coins were included. Then again, maybe I didn't want too see, only to feel rejected that I couldn't buy ALL THAT SILVER. Could that quarter have been a part of a large collection dump? Was there more than just that one quarter? How much more was inside?
WOW, now I'm starting to sound like the narrator on the "LEGEND OF OAK ISLAND" on the season #4 episode. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. If I only could have bought that entire bin, which had a total of about $6800. Yea, right. At least I got a GW silver quarter that I didn't have in the first place. HH, DozerD

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what brand is that glorious silver EATING behemoth? Oak Island_________________1 pair of dorks, ain't nuttin' there, at least snake island show has Meghan to gaze at :laughing7:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask who their courier is and see if you can order some quarters in a month when they box em up for you lol. That is the struggle every time I dump I wonder what I am dumping onto that I can't buy.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what brand is that glorious silver EATING behemoth? Oak Island_________________1 pair of dorks, ain't nuttin' there, at least snake island show has Meghan to gaze at :laughing7:

Ya know, Marty Lagina is a family friend of mine and he lives right in my hometown. Either way you look at it, it's an entertaining show.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions