Nice Clad (And Silver to Boot)

WheatFromChaff

Jun 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While hardcore shoppers braved the Black Friday crowds, I decided to use my day off to make some bank runs. I cashed about $700 at my dump bank and then hit up five different banks in town, mostly unsuccessfully, as I tried to buy boxes of dimes from banks I don't have accounts with, but all the tellers were friendly, so I bought whatever halves they had and went on my way. When I finally bought a dime box from my checking account, I saw that they were all 2016s, so I had to settle for cwrs of dimes, nickels, and halves. In the end, I bought $22 in nickels, $35 in dimes, and $61.50 in halves. The dimes were a skunk and I lost 10 cents on the nickels because someone slipped me two modern beavers, but the halves were the saving grace. 'Tis the season for collection dumps, and although a well-preserved folder's worth of Walkers would have been warmly received, I was content to obtain a well-preserved clad collection. Although the coins are worth no more than $0.50, they are all AU or better to my untrained eye, and provide me with better examples for almost every post-1970 date, including NIFCs. Being the amateur I am, it made my day, and as icing on the cake there were also a 66 and 68D included. Later in the day I got a 46D Rosie in change.

Here is a sampling of the clad
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480293421.200647.jpg

And the silver
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480293527.177096.jpg

Upvote 0

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
WFC,
One of the great things about doing what you like is liking to do it! Congratz on a successful hunt!
Oh Yeah....nice silvers too:hello2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions