Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am fortunate enough to have a few coin counters available with membership at local banks and credit unions ...so I don't re roll most halfs. Some low life around here uses a razor to cut the machine wrapped rolls lengthwise to edge check them then he (or she) slaps a piece of scotch tape on the cut and takes them back to the bank !

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am fortunate enough to have a few coin counters available with membership at local banks and credit unions ...so I don't re roll most halfs. Some low life around here uses a razor to cut the machine wrapped rolls lengthwise to edge check them then he (or she) slaps a piece of scotch tape on the cut and takes them back to the bank !

Hahahha! I thought about that! But I was like you know what that would probably tick off the teller so I just repack in the same roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Hahahha! I thought about that! But I was like you know what that would probably tick off the teller so I just repack in the same roll.

I don't know about the tellers, but that generally ticks off other CRH'ers. Find a coin machine if you can and use it. Will be far easier for you and less aggravation for everyone.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated so you put them in the bag/ box loose or re roll them? Was wondering would be much quicker if u could rip them open sort through and bank dump.. repeat

:hello: Like Argentium says I'm also lucky enough have a couple of credit unions around here with coin counting machines. If you can a bank or credit union that has 1 than open up a account so you will be able to use it. That will save you a lot of headaches in the future. Otherwise you are better off just rerolling the rolls. Good luck
HH
Gary

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Of the five boxes I go through a week, one of my banks give me two "deposit bags" to fill and turn in to them. The fifth box is wrapped and turned in to another bank.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as stated_________you will be DESPISED by other hunters for rerolling. find a machine and use it.
also got some rolls from the razor blade jerk. how lazy can ya' be :dontknow:
do it right or take up knitting :BangHead::laughing7:
gotta go----2 boxes need to be hunted____both sides, put into coin lok bag____without the screws, safety pins, gum wrappers and dog fur---then dumped for free at the CU

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started hunting, I would dump into coin machines. I had a network of five or six dump banks I'd rotate.

Then, for two years I did bag dumps exclusively, $1000 - $2000 per day. Man, I didn't know how good I had it then.

Right now I do a mixture of re-rolling and dumping into a coin machine. Which is less than ideal. I had to cut my volume in half and it takes me significantly longer to check and re-roll.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread