The million dollar question

Dr_Silver

Apr 7, 2017
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you find a way to get rid of your non-silver dump coins when Loomis or Brinks controls such a large area surrounding you? In my case it's Loomis and its at least a 50 miles radius surrounding multiple states. What suggestions do you have to get large amounts of coin out of your area, such as $1500 dollars of halves a week. How many of you are driving long distances to dump outside your zone and is there a better way? I would love to here you thoughts! As always, happy hunting!

Upvote 0

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
Firstly, since you are close to multiple states, find out what Fed. District you are in, and then find out if the other close states are in a different Fed. District. If any state is in a different district, dump there.

Secondly, if all the states are in the same Fed. District, visit as many banks as possible and find out if any of them use a different courier service (Brinks, Garda, Dunbar). Dump there.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I suggest you don't worry about it. I pick up from banks that use Brinks and dump at banks that use Brinks, and I still find silver.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either you incur the added expense of driving into another dumping ground or you don't worry about it. Only 3 boxes a week, I strongly suggest the latter. If that minuscule amount pollutes your supply to the point that all you receive is your own dumps back, then you weren't going to find much anyway.

Ideally you dump into another supply, but it'd take a lot of silver weekly to justify a 100+ mile round trip just to dump 3 boxes. I had the same problem and just dumped my 2-4 weekly boxes right back into my own supply. While I didn't mark any coins, I did dump many that others marked as well as many uniquely holed, stickered, painted, etc that I would have immediately recognized had they returned. I never noticed any.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there are any million dollar questions regarding $1500 in half dollars. Pick up boxes, pull silver, dump the rest, repeat.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Continue with what you are doing, and be happy that you can still BUY & DUMP halves at the branches that exist. Don't stir the apple cart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread