Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I had been getting lucky. I had a bank that produced nicely while the young attractive teller was there years ago. Once she left the mean older lady took the reins and never had halves so I took her a few big dumps to show her what she had been missing by providing me the occasional half dollars. The bank was too out of my way so i hadn't been by in a year.
I went by recently and there was a new young attractive teller (score) . I asked if anyone had any halves and the mean older lady immediately say " no". She is the head teller so I figured she knew but the young new teller say " yes " and pulls out $5 in 40 and 90%! Score.
I went by again and the same thing happened, $4 in 40 and 90%! Even if its really out of my way I'll go if i think there's a good chance at silver so I waited a few weeks and went again. This time the young attractive girl isn't there. The mean older lady says "$8.50 . " I slap a $10 bill on the counter and hear the plink plink, then ring ring ring of 3 silver halves hitting the counter! How exciting. " Seven dollars" she says .
"Oh" I say, " I think you have 17 coins there so that would be,.. $8.50. "
"Seven dollars, I can't give you these- they are wrong." She says.
" They sound so very very right! In fact all I want is those three that sound really good on the counter. The others I could do without. " Me being a smartass.
I should have just left the clad but took my $7 with an awkward fake smile. I think next time I go I'll try and get the young tellers info and pass on my number. Or I could just go back to dumping there. Only problem is while I go way out of my way for silver, I don't like to go out of my way to dump.
Hmmm. What would you do?

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I think the tellers are completely justified in keeping the silver for themselves, I won't take the rejects when they snipe right in front of me.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went in to a BOA and asked the teller who waited on me for halves. She said she had $110 worth.
She pulls out these CWRs and proceeds to open each roll. They were solid silver rolls! She puts two rolls
aside and pushes the other $90 worth to me. I said excuse me I would like to buy all of them. She said "Well I have to get rich too." I asked her again for the other two rolls and she said no. I bought the ones she offered and as I walked out I told the manager what happened. She took a twenty from me and went around to the teller
that waited on me gave her the twenty and returned and handed me the other two rolls. Unfortunately for me for about a year after that the old bag would never have any halves if she waited on me. Fortunately she finally retired!

Coincrazed

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
If they are rude about it, you’d better believe I would speak to the manager. If it continues, mark as many coins as possible and dump them there. Or find out her days off, roll up some halves, mark the rolls with “SILVER”, “WALKER” or something else and cash them in.

I’ve never had this crap happen fortunately. My philosophy is, go ahead and snipe away, but don’t do it in front of me. That’s totally unprofessional.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This scenario gets my blood boiling. I'm a pretty laid back guy but showing or displaying something then saying "sorry you can't have it" is just crazy to me.

We may have to come up with a new term for this type of teller. Are they really sniping if they show you it before they take it? Wouldn't a sniping teller get you not even knowing it.

Anyone see Seinfeld and the Soup Nazi? It's the best example I can come up with .... No silver for you!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a) I had a bank that produced nicely while the young attractive teller was there years ago.

b) I think next time I go I'll try and get the young tellers info and pass on my number.

a) I once had a teller like that and she never seemed to button the top of her blouse and whenever she would check in the drawer in the cabinet next to her it seemed it was show time. Occasionally she even pulled out some silver. Thats what is called a win/win situation. Come to think of it even when she didn't have silver... oh never mind.

b) Don't be to discrete about passing a note to this teller with your info. Remember there are cameras everywhere and someone may be watching the monitors.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She said "Well I have to get rich too." I asked her again for the other two rolls and she said no. Fortunately she finally retired!

I don't blame her for wanting to get rich too. If I was the teller I would not have even told you I had any halves unless I had already gone through them when no one was at my window. I might have said "come back tomorrow someone called and asked if they could bring in a pile of grandpa's old coins"

That way you will have someone come and get all the clad. ;)

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't blame her for wanting to get rich too. If I was the teller I would not have even told you I had any halves unless I had already gone through them when no one was at my window. I might have said "come back tomorrow someone called and asked if they could bring in a pile of grandpa's old coins"

That way you will have someone come and get all the clad. ;)

I’m with you. If I was a teller, the only silver heading out the front doors of my bank would be in unopened boxes that customers had ordered. I’d “snipe” everything that the bank would allow.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread