Felt pretty bad until the second box........

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
Went back to that bank today that has all the boxes in the vault. Yesterday I found the LADY. Today my first box.........SKKKKKKUUUUUNNNNKKKKKKK.........Opened the second box and second roll found a 40. Few rolls later found two. Some rolls later I found a 68 and 69 back to back on one end and a 67 on the other. Found two 67's in another roll.

Ended up with 14 40's out of that box. No 90's but it felt good to get that many 40's after the skkkkkkkkkkuuuuuunnnnnkkkk........ehehehe.......

You just never know what you are going to find. And they still have 4 or 5 boxes in the vault. Teller told me today I'm the only one who has ever come in asking for halves. I'm not alone in this town. That puzzles me for sure..........

They also have $200 worth of hand rolls. I was going to buy them and the teller tells me (she knows what I'm doing) I don't want them. They were teller rolls and if there had of been any silver it was bought by one of the tellers. It was nice of her to tell me that for sure. She did say she would love to get rid of them. I told her......If someone comes in looking for halves....Don't tell them they are teller rolls, just sell them........ehehehehhhhhh

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Rosco Bookbinder said:
They also have $200 worth of hand rolls. I was going to buy them and the teller tells me (she knows what I'm doing) I don't want them. They were teller rolls and if there had of been any silver it was bought by one of the tellers. It was nice of her to tell me that for sure. She did say she would love to get rid of them. I told her......If someone comes in looking for halves....Don't tell them they are teller rolls, just sell them........ehehehehhhhhh

Buy them all, even the teller rolls. I can't tell you how many tellers I've run across (and I don't correct them) think the only silver is in '64 and earlier. Besides, these teller rolls could hold proofs and/or post '01 halves.

Go for it.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Yeah I'd take them in a heartbeat. Like Thurm said, you could get a proof, a no FG error, whatever. Plus it would make it easier on the teller if she got rid of them. I always try my best to keep my bankers happy since they do supply me with so much fun and silver (and don't charge me, and I want to keep it that way).

OP
OP
Rosco Bookbinder

Rosco Bookbinder

May 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250. Are there others?
DrDetector said:
Yeah I'd take them in a heartbeat. Like Thurm said, you could get a proof, a no FG error, whatever. Plus it would make it easier on the teller if she got rid of them. I always try my best to keep my bankers happy since they do supply me with so much fun and silver (and don't charge me, and I want to keep it that way).
This is a bank with four branches in town that I'd never even heard of until the one day I went in there roll hunting (I have no account there). They have all those boxes in the vault that someone ordered and never picked up. Today I was told that I'm the only person who has ever come in there looking for halves. The rolls I was told by an older woman who knows what I am doing and is VERY aware of silver, flat out told me not to waste my time. It was a toss up. I had the 200 bux in hand, could have gotten them but took her word for it. I could go back out there tomorrow, use my bank down the street to dump some coins, go across the street and get them and...............post pictures of either NOTHING...or A ROLL OF LADIES...I count on the first option..........

I know. It costs nothing to look. I don't look for errors or other things. I pull silver and a proof when found. The other stuff I throw back. That's where you other hunters come in....... :P

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Sounds like the second box was the keeper Bro. I agree, I would buy the $200 in a heart beat. Heck, the worse it could be is less than half of your skunk box. Take a chance, Columbus did............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread