Just bought my Ryedale Coin Penny Sorter paid for in 40%halfs

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
idothisforfun said:
Just a question to the people who own one of these, How do they do? I am looking at purchasing one next week or so, and was curious to how you like the one you own, and would you recommend it to another.
Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

They Do Realy Bad.............Just because your in Ohio Too!!! LOL

Jk

Theres Not Enough Pennies I starting To go Crazy when I dont have any Pennies to sort.......
I Got 40 Boxes that will be in next week...
I Estimated Thats how many I need sort to be able to save them and sale some.

I Love my Machine I want another one.

The Machine is really accurate.
320 Coins a Min.....Its Fast

Andy Is TheMan!!!!!! Rock On Andy you started something BiG!!!!

Happy Hunting and hoarding..

Ps. I had the best box of pennies tonite with the wheats.
I got 78 wheats and My Second ever Ih 1901...also a 1909 Vdb "My second one found'

idothisforfun

Mar 14, 2007
Ohio
I hope not down in my area :) we will have to share the pennies, I am in the SE area on the WV border, I have been sorting by hand and I guess I need this to go a little faster, :)
how does the banks feel about you returning all them pennies. do they ever give you a hard time,
Thanks
Tim

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
In South West.....Were all pulling from the same district.

Theres 3 of us in ohio doing this that I know of.

The Bank I dont care there going to take them its money!!
Some banks Fuss with ya but its there job.
I do like 30 transactions a day the rest of the day im searchin coin 8)

"I just got a job at a bank" So I dont care lol
They Have to take it.

Cc

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've had my Ryedale for about two weeks or so, and I love it! Great machine, very sturdy, fast, accurate, and fantastic support from the manufacturer. I've worked with very high-end coin sorters, and for its price, the Ryedale is a steal. It doesn't have the bells and whistles that most products these days tend to have, but it gets the job done perfectly each time. The only "problems" I've had so far have been from the coins, not the machine. Do yourself a favor and buy one.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coincollector101 said:

Take your first one to sort coppers from zinc then below that put a second one. Build a chute that feeds the zinc into the 2nd unit so it can sort the real old wheats that stayed with the zinc on your first pass.

(real old wheats must have some tin in them and the machine thinks they are zinc)

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
cyberdan said:
coincollector101 said:

Take your first one to sort coppers from zinc then below that put a second one. Build a chute that feeds the zinc into the 2nd unit so it can sort the real old wheats that stayed with the zinc on your first pass.

(real old wheats must have some tin in them and the machine thinks they are zinc)

Nice Dan now that would be Sweet Ill Have a way in Mind when I order my Second one...

Happy Sorting,
CC

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007

I'm drooling....that would be amazing.

And to those of you who want to get more serious about penny sorting: BUY A RYEDALE!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confused. If the sorter thinks older wheats are zinc in the first machine, won't that happen again with the second machine? I'd love to get one, but is the "bare bones" model as noisy as the one in the demo video? I live in an apartment and my neighbors don't need to know I'm going thru lots of coins, let alone that I collect them. That would make me a sure target for thieves.

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Hey Immy,

theres a coin that you put into the machine that tests all the other coins buy sending some electric signel threw them.
When you resort the zinc you change the coin to a zinc and set it to reject anything else that does not match the zinc.
For the most part you will get wheats, Dirty Zincs, or foreign coins and a cupple coppers here and there.

You Should get one they Rock!!!

Happy Hoarding ,
CC

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I asked him that same question.

<<If the sorter thinks older wheats are zinc in the first machine, won't that happen again with the second machine?>>

It doesn't think the wheats are zinc. It just thinks they are not copper. The older wheats have enough tin in them that they sometimes read as not copper enough to be an "accept". ANYTHING that is not "copper" goes to the reject pile. It is not the "zinc" pile, but the "rejected" pile. So, if the second time you set it to accept zinc, and only run the original rejects, then you will get the zincs this timee as "accepted" and all others again as rejects. That will put the tin (or copper) wheats into the reject, along with some foreign coins, while the zincs are in the accept side this time.

That make sense to you?

I really like what he is doing. I think he needs to advertise it more, and then he could be sellling 15 - 20 machines per WEEK. That would make it quite the business. :-)

JRF

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I just finished sorting about $100 in "zinc concentrate" --- the zinc pile from the first run through. This is how I find the older wheats. (The newer wheats get tossed in the copper pile during the first sort.) I found 8 pre-1940 wheats this way, as well as two dimes, and a few more Canadian. (Not to mention the big pile of more recent wheats that I find during the first run through.)

I should mention that using a Ryedale machine is an interactive and hands-on experience. These aren't the $8000 machines that do everything for you. One must stay with the machine at all times. But since I like the interaction, it works out great!

As regards noise, I was initially hesistant to buy a Ryedale machine because, I too, live in an apartment. I typically run the machine during the day, but I've run it a few times at night. I also turn on the ventilation fan to provide some "white noise." I've been running the thing for a few weeks, and I haven't had any complaints or dirty looks from my neighbors. To wit, I live in a complex of mostly college students, so they're used to noise. And if anyone does say anything, I'll just tell them it's my girlfriend's sewing machine. lol.

Immy, I'd contact Ryedale Coin and tell them your dilemma. I mentioned the sound problem to them, and they offered some suggestions to cut down on the noise. Granted, there is only so much one can do to minimize the noise, but Ryedale Coin has top-notch customer service.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're serious about sorting large quantities of pennies, buy a Ryedale Coin sorter. They're fun. :)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fiatboy said:
....And if anyone does say anything, I'll just tell them it's my girlfriend's sewing machine. lol.
That is good. ;D It does have a sewing machine noise.

I live in an apartment also and have a grouchy neighbor below me who complains about everything to everybody. I tested it out in my bedroom with the door closed. I could slightly hear it sorting when I stood next to the door. I could not hear it at all in the kitchen which is next to my room, I could only hear it on the patio if I put my ear close to my window.

But to be on the safe side (and I like to be outside) I run it from my SUV. I have a power inverter 12vDC to 120vAC and set up a little sorting factory in the back. Works great. No noisy neighbors just ducks, geese and a few old coots. (birds, not old men like me)

I still run it at home too. Fiatboy, I like your "white noise" idea.

My rejects will get the 2nd pass this weekend. Hope to get some old wheats.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
cyberdan said:
fiatboy said:
....And if anyone does say anything, I'll just tell them it's my girlfriend's sewing machine. lol.
That is good. ;D It does have a sewing machine noise.

I live in an apartment also and have a grouchy neighbor below me who complains about everything to everybody. I tested it out in my bedroom with the door closed. I could slightly hear it sorting when I stood next to the door. I could not hear it at all in the kitchen which is next to my room, I could only hear it on the patio if I put my ear close to my window.

But to be on the safe side (and I like to be outside) I run it from my SUV. I have a power inverter 12vDC to 120vAC and set up a little sorting factory in the back. Works great. No noisy neighbors just ducks, geese and a few old coots. (birds, not old men like me)

I still run it at home too. Fiatboy, I like your "white noise" idea.

My rejects will get the 2nd pass this weekend. Hope to get some old wheats.

That's too funny!!! :D :D :D
A mobile sorter - you could do it in the bank parking lot and run in with your rejects from time to time!
Bring a cooler of beer and a grill for some tailgating action on the side!

idothisforfun

Mar 14, 2007
Ohio
I am game, lets get a nice ohio tailgate CRH party going on.
I got a nice grill and big cooler, and the office has a HUGE ice machine
:)

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
There do seem to be an inordinate number of treasure hunters and coin collectors from Ohio.

At least it seems that way to me, perhaps because I'm envious of those lucky devils who live in places without much competition.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TXTim said:
A mobile sorter - you could do it in the bank parking lot and run in with your rejects from time to time!
I thought about that but it would cut down the number of banks I can hit on a saturday morn. :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread