Upvote 0

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same thing happen a few weeks back, but mine were mint rolls dated '05, one with a P and one with a D.

Reckon I'll just hang onto 'em for now.... it ain't but twenty bucks, and susposedly they weren't released for circulation.

Now how in heck did they wind up in a bunch of hand rolls?

Robin

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
It may only be $20 face, but the mint sold the 2 roll set for $32.95. You would be far better off leaving them in the mint wrappers and selling the set. Even if you get $25 or $30, it's still pure profit.

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two roll set sold for $32+ from the mint?

Wow........

I didn't bust mine open, both were shotgun rolls, exactly like the ones above, but with '05 as the year. One had a split down the side, but I just kinda/sorta pulled the edges of the roll together and laid a strip of tape down the side. Dunno what's inside them, but they hadn't been opened. End coins are very bright, appear uncirculated, and the roll that had the split down the side all reeded edges were bright and sharp. I made it a point NOT to touch the end-roll coins.

Reckon I'll just hold on to 'em. As I wrote earlier, it's only twenty bucks, and dern, they sold for over thirty?

That'll work, but I'd have rather have had silver........

Robin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread