WHICH ONE GIVES A GREATER THRILL

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Seeing ANY ender is a good sign of what might be inside. Everyone should keep in mind however that Enders only constitute 2.5% of a total 100% of the coins in i.e. a dime box. ( explained another way, 50 rolls per box = 2500 coins; only 100 possible faces showing, = 100/2500 = 2.5% ). Just because there's no enders, don't write off the box as a looser.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do get a greater thrill from enders. There's anticipation then. Otherwise I just prepare myself for a skunk box and am pleasantly surprised otherwise.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I do get a greater thrill from enders. There's anticipation then. Otherwise I just prepare myself for a skunk box and am pleasantly surprised otherwise.

Complete agree. On the drive home I’ll check for reverse enders too. If I don’t see any, it’s awful hard to get excited about the box. Have to force myself to search it…

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was still searching, I quit looking for enders as it can only lead to disappointment. For example, a box with 5 enders that only produces 7 silvers would be somewhat disappointing whereas without seeing enders I would have been very pleased with a 7 silver box.

Still, always dreamed of opening a box and seeing Walkers, Bens, and/or Barbers everywhere. That would have to be exciting.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With halves, end coins represent 10% of the total coins (100 out of 1000). My 2nd best “ender box” (7) was also my most silver box (75). My best ender box (8), was pretty good for silvers (52). Multiple ender boxes have always produced well for me. It’s the single ender boxes that have been so unpredictable. I’ve had 5 that produced only one silver - the silver ender!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complete agree. On the drive home I’ll check for reverse enders too. If I don’t see any, it’s awful hard to get excited about the box. Have to force myself to search it…

Are you looking for enders while driving? I don't remember this issue covered in the driver's license handbook, but that was nearly 50 years ago...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like seeing the enders

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread