Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Seeing ANY ender is a good sign of what might be inside. Everyone should keep in mind however that Enders only constitute 2.5% of a total 100% of the coins in i.e. a dime box. ( explained another way, 50 rolls per box = 2500 coins; only 100 possible faces showing, = 100/2500 = 2.5% ). Just because there's no enders, don't write off the box as a looser.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do get a greater thrill from enders. There's anticipation then. Otherwise I just prepare myself for a skunk box and am pleasantly surprised otherwise.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I do get a greater thrill from enders. There's anticipation then. Otherwise I just prepare myself for a skunk box and am pleasantly surprised otherwise.

Complete agree. On the drive home Iā€™ll check for reverse enders too. If I donā€™t see any, itā€™s awful hard to get excited about the box. Have to force myself to search itā€¦

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was still searching, I quit looking for enders as it can only lead to disappointment. For example, a box with 5 enders that only produces 7 silvers would be somewhat disappointing whereas without seeing enders I would have been very pleased with a 7 silver box.

Still, always dreamed of opening a box and seeing Walkers, Bens, and/or Barbers everywhere. That would have to be exciting.

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With halves, end coins represent 10% of the total coins (100 out of 1000). My 2nd best ā€œender boxā€ (7) was also my most silver box (75). My best ender box (8), was pretty good for silvers (52). Multiple ender boxes have always produced well for me. Itā€™s the single ender boxes that have been so unpredictable. Iā€™ve had 5 that produced only one silver - the silver ender!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complete agree. On the drive home Iā€™ll check for reverse enders too. If I donā€™t see any, itā€™s awful hard to get excited about the box. Have to force myself to search itā€¦

Are you looking for enders while driving? I don't remember this issue covered in the driver's license handbook, but that was nearly 50 years ago...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like seeing the enders

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread