1995-P BU Kennedy Halves - Anyone want 8000 of them ? LOL

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Talk about a kick in the #@$@. The service I order from must be out of stash or something.
Wonder how many more will be rolling out in upcoming weeks. Yikes.

8 boxes - 100% New 1995-P Kennedy Half Dollars. Im pretty bummed out right now... paying
to order them makes it worse >:(

FYI, just kidding on the "Anyone want some" comment... would cost way too much to ship any
quantity.

Heres looking to next week, with fingers crossed. :tongue3:

Upvote 0

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
you could use the flat rate boxes if anyone wanted them in bulk. 9 bucks or so to shp up to 70lbs i think

XX

Jan 11, 2008
klava said:
you could use the flat rate boxes if anyone wanted them in bulk. 9 bucks or so to shp up to 70lbs i think

More like $25 per $1000 face (give or take). Anything less than Flat-Rate, Registered, with proper amount declare would be foolish.

Here's a tip OP. Beg your Teller Supervisor to call the coin room and ask if by chance there are any mint-sewn bags of Halves left. It's unlikely, but very possible these came from mint-sewn bags. Now that would be worth a premium.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
That bites Raptor that is a kick in the a***** ....bummer ... I have hit some of those solid boxes of crap ... 2001Ds here ...

Heres to some better luck w/ your next boxes

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RaptorSE said:
Im pretty bummed out right now... paying to order them makes it worse >:(

Care to explain why you paid to order halves in the first place?

OP
OP
RaptorSE

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Codes, you make it sound as if I am foolish to do so LOL.

The reason being, I have shuffled my orders, dumps (system), to make it work
for me numerous times. I started ordering from a lesser known bank chain, that
uses a lesser known Coin Service, and have been rewarded a Billion Fold, for my 3.00
per box charge. Had they told me $50.00 per box, I would have said NO PROBLEM.

There are no rules to this game. Go after the bounty !

If you order a free box and get 20-30 silvers, and I pay 3.00 for a box, and get 220 silvers..
well, you can see where I am coming from. Up until now, my source has been very fruitful.

Hopefully this is just a filler batch, due to volume on hand. Ill try to blast through this crap, and
see. Hopefully they didnt box up 10-20k of these things.

Lastly, Im in a one bank town. She is my main dump bank. Next nearest bank is 9 miles . 2 other banks within 12 miles-same chain, also dump banks. 20+miles to any others. My options are limited :) Gas prices versus order charge, makes no difference anyway. Would cost me more to order Free boxes from further away. That good enough explanation ??? :wink:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Tim (PA) said:
That just happened to me with pennies... 2 full boxes of 2008. Uggh!

Me too-

I got 10 boxes of 2008 D's
A guy on another forum bought 9 of them!
This is the last year for the Memorial back so they may be worth something down the road.
May as well keep a box.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RaptorSE said:
Codes, you make it sound as if I am foolish to do so LOL.

That good enough explanation ??? :wink:

Sure thing RaptorSE. What works for you works for me. I just hope you and other people who accept fees can realize when its time to call it quits. Just be smart about it. No one would want to hear about some poor old sap who lost all their money from bank fees trying to hit the jackpot of silver coins.

OP
OP
RaptorSE

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Coinmojo,

Yep that is completely true. That is not the average of course, but have had quite a few
good boxes from this source, with the occasional blip of bad / slow producing boxes.

Every time Ive had a bad week, Ive stuck it out, and ended up pleasantly surprised in the
following weeks. This is the only reason I pay the fees.

Im not sure if you were around a year or so ago, but this is the same place I got my Shocker
boxes from, Im talking loaded. Barbers, Walkers, Franklins by the Dozens. Also hit a "couple"
boxes in the recent past, that contained 200+ silvers with 50+ of them 90%. This was only weeks
ago.

No problem Codes btw.. I just kinda giggled when I read the "fee" question. Honestly, Im so far
ahead of the game, I dont think I could order enough in my lifetime to even come close to catching
up.

By all means though, if anyone decides to pay a fee to order - be sure you are at least not losing in
the long run. That would not be good... use your head like Codes said. A little common sense
goes a long way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread