cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I would share with you all some tools that I made to help me CRH better and faster. The first tool is made out of a free paint stirer from my local big box wardware store. I cut up the pieces and used a hot glue gun. Just took a few minutes. When I get bags of coin that I want to edge hunt for silver this really helps. All the coins line up and I can turn it at different angles to the light.
holder-1.jpg holder-2.jpg

The third pic shows another use for my coin cradle (Jeweler Dave & Silver Fox please close your eyes now :o) I use it to very quickly mark my coins. I know when I get my coins back, so far never more than about 4 or 5 in a roll.
holder-3.jpg

The other tool I made is for re-wrapping halves. I do not use it as much as I used to because I now bag them in $500. Again Home Depot time. Scrap molding for the base and a dowel for the post. I took a 50¢ wrapper with me and tried out different size dowels. The same method can work for other denominations. It only takes a few seconds to pour in the halves and close both ends.
wrap-1.jpg wrap-2.jpg wrap-3.jpg wrap-4.jpg wrap-5.jpg

Upvote 0

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
cyberdan said:
The third pic shows another use for my coin cradle (Jeweler Dave & Silver Fox please close your eyes now :o) I use it to very quickly mark my coins. I know when I get my coins back, so far never more than about 4 or 5 in a roll.
.........LOL......... now I know where the black mark coins in Cali come from
:icon_scratch:

taropatch

Dec 24, 2007
Useless mark is right. There are people that are collect coins and put 'em in albums. I guess you expect them to clean the mark right?

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Hey Cyderdan, those are some interesting tools that you have made... I really like the one for re-rolling pretty nifty , I dont have to roll them now but could have used it in the past , thanks for sharing ,Ed

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat stuff CD. I am very fortunate I don't have to reroll my rejects.......

cyberdan said:
Silver_Fox said:
Yuo must have known that one pic would get this thread started :thumbsup:
WHO ME? :evil6: I AM AN :angel4:

Now that's funny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread