My end of July numbers

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I added some proof Kennedy's this month, and a few silver. Not much. Did some pennies again, although I need to work them harder in the second half of the year than I did the first half. Before the copper starts disappearing like the silver already has out here.

The best news is that after FORTY TWO (42) boxes of skunks in a row, I got a box with ONE silver in it. A 1967. Not much, but not a skunk! (Since then I have had 3 other boxes - all skunks). That's why I do some boxes at times and then go back to pennies. Here in AZ I find almost ALL boxes to be skunks. The silver I get is from teller trays and rolls they get in from clients. A lot of the banks here will hold their halves for me, even though I am ordering pennies by boxes instead of halves (Most of the time).

Anyway, here is my total list as of last night. Close enough to the end of July to post it as such. :-)

2008 CRH Totals: 7/29/08

Indian Head Penny - 2
Wheats - 1,397 (Goal 3,000 for the year)
1943 Steel Pennies - 3
Buffalo Nickels - 1
Silver (War) Nickels - 7
Other Pre 1960 (And 60, 61 and 62 Plain) Nickels - 368 (Goal 400 for the year)
Merc Dimes - 0
Silver Roosies - 5
Silver Wash Qtrs – 2
Franklin Halves - 2
1964 (90%) Kennedy - 5
1965 – 70 (40%) Kennedy - 25
NIFC Kennedy - 71
Proof Kennedy - 7

Copper Memorial Pennies

72,000 +/- (Goal 150,000 for the year)
(+ 116,000 since 9/07)

Canadian coinage - $7.49

Real Estate net profits taken for year: $85,315 (Goal $500,000 for year - looking BLEAK right now!)

Upvote 0

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Your perseverance will pay off! Most people would have given up with a single 40%er out of forty-five boxes. You have sampled a variety of banks? It sounds like something is seriously out of whack in your specific area.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
No silver left in my area either, and the banks that I've sampled have the same supplier.

AMC

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
With today's silver price down as low as it has been in the last two months or more, it just might be the perfect time to purchase some bulk outright. The proceeds from CRH can be frosting on the cake.

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Mentone Grizz said:
With today's silver price down as low as it has been in the last two months or more, it just might be the perfect time to purchase some bulk outright. The proceeds from CRH can be frosting on the cake.

I did just buy (recently) two of the monster boxes of AMerican Eagle silvers. Had to pay for them, unlike CRH, but I too think silver is worth owning as an investment, in addition to the ones I find in this wonderful hobby.

NOt to mention the stack of coppers I am gaing as I work pennies. LOL. That is filling my garage, as I fill box after box of copper pennies. I haven't sold any yet, and won't until 2009 (The 100 year anniversary, and hopefully some hype on the panny)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread