$10.00 Gold couldnt find one so

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
$10.00 Gold couldn't find one so

Well as to date I have not been able to find a gold coin, I have found several gold rings though. So I took the change along with some of the rings I have found cashed it all in & bought this coin. I was told that it was XF grade but I think it might go a little higher. Any coin experts out there dare to proffer a guess. At any rate I payed melt value for it so I think it was a good deal.
IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 548

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Re: $10.00 Gold couldn't find one so

Nice half eagle you got there. I'm sure one of the experts will chime in shortly to give their opinion of the condition.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

My guess would be that it would go XF-40. It appears to have some slight rub/scratch area to the lower left face area. The next step would be MS-60 and that might be pushing it a bit. Either way that is a nice coin and I do believe it will yield more than melt value for sure. :thumbsup: jgas

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX

Any gold coin is a nice coin regardless of the grade.

You bought that with all the goodies you found? :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT

mark v said:
Any gold coin is a nice coin regardless of the grade.

You bought that with all the goodies you found? :icon_thumright:

Yes I cashed in my clad & sold a few gold rings to come up with the $550 I needed to buy it. I try to use all my clad to buy coins I want. My next one is going to be a Double Eagle I hope. I plow snow for a Pawn Shop & take it out in trade so I am hoping for a lot of storms this year.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Pics are always hard to tell grades but it looks like its AU Details Cleaned, or that would knock it to xf 40.
Either way if you pay melt for any gold coin its a steal.
It looks like the coin was wiped or cleaned at one point. Basically making it a bullion coin. But who cares for those beauties. Currently an xf as of this week trades at about $611 buy $647 sell. you did better than just fine to have and keep and appreciate a beautiful coin.

I buy and sell a lot of US Gold so if you ever need some at fair prices. Give me a call as I frequently have bargain gold I can do just a few dollars over melt. As well as nicer numismatic gold too. I am typically selling a bit back of gray sheet bid...so I give people what I give it to other dealers at.

Nice Coin.

Attachments

• DSC00067.JPG
    DSC00067.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC00067.JPG
    DSC00067.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 433
OP
OP
bula

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT

jewelerdave said:
Pics are always hard to tell grades but it looks like its AU Details Cleaned, or that would knock it to xf 40.
Either way if you pay melt for any gold coin its a steal.
It looks like the coin was wiped or cleaned at one point. Basically making it a bullion coin. But who cares for those beauties. Currently an xf as of this week trades at about $611 buy $647 sell. you did better than just fine to have and keep and appreciate a beautiful coin.

I buy and sell a lot of US Gold so if you ever need some at fair prices. Give me a call as I frequently have bargain gold I can do just a few dollars over melt. As well as nicer numismatic gold too. I am typically selling a bit back of gray sheet bid...so I give people what I give it to other dealers at.

Nice Coin.
Thanks for the info, I do not think the coin has been cleaned the fellow I bought it from is very picky & would never clean a coin. I might be looking for a $5 in the near future so I'll keep you in mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions