25.2 KB · Views: 477

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Cappy Z. said:
Here's the front....it's in the mail so to speak...lol

Ever hear of Buyers Remorse..... 8)

Oh yes, suffered a huge bout 12 years after buying that first wedding ring, hope it didn't hurt you much. :wink:

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I wouldn't feel too badly, just having the "cc" mint mark would be worth it to me. I stashed three late 1800's "cc" quarters in Hunters
treasure chest, all are slicks but worth the $85 I paid. ;D

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say somewhere between $50 - $75.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have shelled out $75 for that just to add a CC to the collection. Nice coin. :thumbsup:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
One of the dealers I buy from currently has VG at $70, F at $75 & VF at $80 so you're right in the ballpark. It's one of the more common of the CC Morgans but personally I like any Carson City mint marked coins simply for the history of the silver mines during that time & place. Being the first year for Morgan dollars dosn't hurt either. A pic of the reverse would help in grading it. What was it advertised as ?

jimcor

Dec 31, 2009
East of the Rockies
I want to add a CC to my collection. If I have to add a ten or twenty dollar premium to do so, well that's life.

I think you have a great coin and hope you enjoy it. Show it off to select viewers. That's part of the fun of collecting.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

NHBandit said:
One of the dealers I buy from currently has VG at $70, F at $75 & VF at $80 so you're right in the ballpark. It's one of the more common of the CC Morgans but personally I like any Carson City mint marked coins simply for the history or the silver mines during that time & place. Being the first year for Morgan dollars dosn't hurt either. A pic of the reverse would help in grading it. What was it advertised as ?

I think the starting price on Ebay was $59. I took a gamble.

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just payed $60 for an 1891 CC on Ebay. Auction ended early in the morning and I was lucky to be awake. I payed the amount just to have the CC mark. Dealers in my area are extremely expensive with any Morgan Dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread