25.2 KB · Views: 478

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Cappy Z. said:
Here's the front....it's in the mail so to speak...lol

Ever hear of Buyers Remorse..... 8)

Oh yes, suffered a huge bout 12 years after buying that first wedding ring, hope it didn't hurt you much. :wink:

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I wouldn't feel too badly, just having the "cc" mint mark would be worth it to me. I stashed three late 1800's "cc" quarters in Hunters
treasure chest, all are slicks but worth the $85 I paid. ;D

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say somewhere between $50 - $75.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have shelled out $75 for that just to add a CC to the collection. Nice coin. :thumbsup:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
One of the dealers I buy from currently has VG at $70, F at $75 & VF at $80 so you're right in the ballpark. It's one of the more common of the CC Morgans but personally I like any Carson City mint marked coins simply for the history of the silver mines during that time & place. Being the first year for Morgan dollars dosn't hurt either. A pic of the reverse would help in grading it. What was it advertised as ?

jimcor

Dec 31, 2009
East of the Rockies
I want to add a CC to my collection. If I have to add a ten or twenty dollar premium to do so, well that's life.

I think you have a great coin and hope you enjoy it. Show it off to select viewers. That's part of the fun of collecting.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

NHBandit said:
One of the dealers I buy from currently has VG at $70, F at $75 & VF at $80 so you're right in the ballpark. It's one of the more common of the CC Morgans but personally I like any Carson City mint marked coins simply for the history or the silver mines during that time & place. Being the first year for Morgan dollars dosn't hurt either. A pic of the reverse would help in grading it. What was it advertised as ?

I think the starting price on Ebay was $59. I took a gamble.

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just payed $60 for an 1891 CC on Ebay. Auction ended early in the morning and I was lucky to be awake. I payed the amount just to have the CC mark. Dealers in my area are extremely expensive with any Morgan Dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions