Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
One suggestion:
Subscribe to a coin publication, "Coin World", for example, "the world's #1 publication for coin collectors" is what they call themselves. Within each issue is a state by state listing of coin shows. You might also find your local library subscribes to this or a similar publication.
Don..

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
The only up to date publication is Numismatic News. Published weekly. Great articles along with a great classifieds section. There is a state by state listing of coin shows updated weekly.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Not sure what you mean by "junk coins" But I go to coin shows now & then. If you're referring to common date & well worn silver that's normally bought & sold for the bullion value it might be a good way to get several offers from different dealers all in the same place but as dealers they will offer you low prices. They need to resell them and make a profit. Ebay might be a better way to get top dollar for your stuff. What is it you're selling ?

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Piercesdad said:
How do you find out when coin shows are in your area? Are these some of the best places to sell junk coins?

You can google "coin shows". One dealer that I am quite familiar with (Israel Bick) has a website, it is: http://www.bick.net/

I have had good dealings with Israel, but I don't think he "vets" his vendors at all (other than their ability to pay for a sales space). As I have stated in a previous post, I was ripped-off by one of the fly-by-night vendors at a Bick-sponsored coin show.

I can't help you with the junk coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions