IS THERE A 1955 PROOF CENT THAT IS A DDR? Please weigh-in if you can help me.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
So this weekend at my local coin show I picked up a great looking 1955 proof set... The quarter and the cent have some great cameo which is probably the main reason I bought it. Later that night as I was looking closely, I noticed some very obvious doubling on the reverse of the cent, on "e pluribus unum"... Now, it also appears that there is some die chatter on a few of the reverses of the other coins as well, but on the cent, I am not talking about die chatter, It is doubling. (not extreme, but easliy noticable with a loupe)... I dont know much about errors other than the main popular ones, and I dont have a cherry pickers guide. I am wondering if there is a known DDR proof wheat cent that anyone can tell me anything about? if so, is it rare? common? worth anything more that just your standard 1955 cameo proof cent? Could it be a "discovery piece" ? jk, even though I dream of having that honor one day...

Thanks in advance, I am excited about it whether its worth more or not, I would have never ever noticed it a year ago, its amazing how your eye will develope as you become obsessed w/this crazy hobby.

Chris.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread