My search for a 1964 Kennedy proof half, with Deep, or Ultra Cameo continues....

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Hello all, I have been searching (I would say dilligently) for the last few months and this last weekend there was a coin show in my state, great, I will for sure find one there right? ? ? Wrong. no such luck. I am wondering if anyone here on this site has any 1964 proof halve(s) with Deep cameo frost? I am looking for black/white contrast, and I am willing to pay for it... If anyone here has one, I would love just to see pictures if you are willing. If anyone here has one (or more) that they are willing or looking to sell, please let me know. I want one... bad. It could be raw/slabbed, in the set, torn out from the set, a whole roll of them... etc. Let me know, thanks.

Chris.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I hope you realize what you are asking for. Proofs at the time were not made with the contrast that you see today with cameos. Rather the proofs would have the devices and the field mirror polished. On occasion, the cameo would be produced more by accident and not so much intentional. Of these cameos, only a fraction might be considered Deep Cameo or Ultra Cameo. Needless to say, specimens of '64 Kennedy or Franklins for that matter command moon money.

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
curse you diverdown.... I got all excited when I saw you replied thinking omg, maybe he has one.... But yes, I absolutely know exactly what I ask for... In fact, In my search at the coin show, I did come across a 1967 SMS half dollar, NGC graded MS67 UltraCameo... It was even more expensive than what I would have paid for a 1964 in deep or ultra cameo... I bought it of course, being that it is the first one I have seen, and that there are less than 100 of that coin in that grade, w/only 1 graded at a 68. It wasnt moon money, but it was more than i have spent on any other 1 coin besides my best morgan dollar, In my opinion I got a great deal on the coin, In fact I called HA today, just out of curiousity to see how their consignments work, based on what he told me, I could possibly tripple my money, but very realistically double my money (the minimum he thought it would bring would more than double my investment, I dont think I could sell it though)... So since I know what I am asking for, and I am willing to pay what I think they are worth.... Does someone have one please? ? ? (the 1964 kennedy proof- D/UCAM)

Last edited:

fudope

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 1964 Kennedy Half Proof 67 Ultra Cameo

Hello all, I have been searching (I would say dilligently) for the last few months and this last weekend there was a coin show in my state, great, I will for sure find one there right? ? ? Wrong. no such luck. I am wondering if anyone here on this site has any 1964 proof halve(s) with Deep cameo frost? I am looking for black/white contrast, and I am willing to pay for it... If anyone here has one, I would love just to see pictures if you are willing. If anyone here has one (or more) that they are willing or looking to sell, please let me know. I want one... bad. It could be raw/slabbed, in the set, torn out from the set, a whole roll of them... etc. Let me know, thanks.

Chris.

I have one available graded by PCGS. If you want it, just email me at [email protected] with 1964 Kennedy Half PR67 Ultra Cameo in the subject line.
Francis

fudope

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have taken pictures today, but I dont know how to post them. So, do you want me to email them to you?

fudope

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where is "manage attachments"? and when i try to private message, or email, I cant write anything. It turns all gray. And it has all these options, kinda like when you open microsoft windows. Except they are in the place where im supposed to write my message for emails. And so, I cant email anybody anymore. I dont know how to remove it. can you please help me? I just signed up like yesterday......

fudope

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please email me, call me, or post something in this feed because I cant email or private message anybody anymore. i dont know what i pressed that caused it. I have pictures of the 1964 Kennedy DCAM. So, ill check this feed regularly if I dont get an email or a phone call from you...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
where is "manage attachments"? and when i try to private message, or email, I cant write anything. It turns all gray. And it has all these options, kinda like when you open microsoft windows. Except they are in the place where im supposed to write my message for emails. And so, I cant email anybody anymore. I dont know how to remove it. can you please help me? I just signed up like yesterday......

It is under the "Go Advanced" button. Try a different browser if something is happening or delete your cookies.

F

Franklin

There is one going off on EBAY in the next couple of hours MS68 about $400.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Click Go Advanced for Manage Attachments. Or click Insert Image above and when it turns grey click on browse to find your pic and dont forget to click upload. Its a little slow but it should work. I dont know why its so complicated.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread