BEWARE Fake "1922 No D" Lincoln Cent on Ebay! See Photo!

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We WON guys, thank you so much for doing what we do best! Auction got shut down and it went back to 0.99 cents, the fat lady sings on this one!! Good night and good riddance! US $0.99
[ 0 bids ] <-- thats what we like to see!

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." Wonder if this means he shut it down himself or if ebay did it for him!?

Good job everyone!

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To: evanmanos2008
Subject: Other: ******** sent a message about 1922 cent no d , i am not exeprt on coins but i do not see any d look photo. #181021567773
Sent Date: Nov-15-12 08:50:48 PST
Dear evanmanos2008,

Everyone that sees this auction should do their homework, look at his low rating and recent purchase of 3 1922 d pennies just last month. The penny in the purchase picture on the left is the penny you will get, a 1922 d penny that has been altered and defaced to look like the uber rare no d 1922 cent. Look at the lines all the dings and scratches match up. This penny is now worth nothing! Do your homework people! Buyer beware!!!!

Dear *******,

i think you mistaking in this mater , i am new in ebay i do not know mach i have some one else to halping me and he do not living with me i do not know if that person did somthin , i remouve the coin to fine out,

- evanmanos2008

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks wouldn't have turned out in our favor without you guys/gals help!

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone cheaked to see his other auctions ? He has an Elizabeth and Philip coin he lists as "silver coin 29gr . " ...would that be silver ?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone cheaked to see his other auctions ? He has an Elizabeth and Philip coin he lists as "silver coin 29gr . " ...would that be silver ?

There is a silver version that is in proof and .84 troy oz. of silver. Not the one he's selling. It's copper nickel.

The Greek coin is silver, but is only about .48 troy oz. so it's way overpriced. I love the design on it.

Last edited:

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a silver version that is in proof and .84 troy oz. of silver. Not the one he's selling. It's copper nickel.

The Greek coin is silver, but is only about .48 troy oz. so it's way overpriced. I love the design on it.

Cool...guess I'll go ask a question. :laughing7:

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha and the battle continues, I'm going to check his other auctions tomorrow morning! :)

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha and the battle continues, I'm going to check his other auctions tomorrow morning! :)

Yesterday I asked him how much actual silver was in his one coin and he replied that he dident know but guessed it was 60%.I then reported him and today his two auctions for the "silver" coins are gone. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the guy was simply talking like he was uninformed I'd feel sorry for him,
& suggest education rather then reporting his sales.
But the fact he altered the lincoln cent, then claimed ignorance,
it sure looks like he has no screwpels.

Or he's a child & someone is Buying & selling threw him,
giving him bad info

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
The top photos show two different coins. Check the motto and beneath Mr Lincoln's coat.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top photos show two different coins. Check the motto and beneath Mr Lincoln's coat.

I'm not so sure.
the lighting & position may be the cause of that.

the dings in them look identical.

and id definitely looks altered where the D was

only thing odd if altered recently,
how did he get coloring even after using a dremel or whatever to remove the D ?

Polish the whole coin ?

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
The dings are alike but the original does not show crud on the motto and below. Was that added and how? I know I could not
darken those areas artificially. The original has correct patina and would be graded higher than the second which has been
whizzed.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beats me, all i can say is the photos don't lie, if someone was willing to put in the time to get rid of the D chances are that they would do some legwork elsewhere too, just a thought.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Do you maintain that the photos at the top of this post are the same coin but only altered with removal of "D"? Not arguing only
asking.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep

only other possibility is it's just photo shopped, & no altered 22 plain exists either

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread