Wisc error quarter

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were moving my daughter's state quarter collection from multiple books into a single, and I noticed our Wisc-D was one of the high leaf errors. Thought it was pretty cool, but the only references to it I can find offhand are from 2005.
Is there much of a demand for these anymore? It's in pretty good shape.

Attachments

• image-2056866489.jpg
    image-2056866489.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 190

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
TheMcs said:
We were moving my daughter's state quarter collection from multiple books into a single, and I noticed our Wisc-D was one of the high leaf errors. Thought it was pretty cool, but the only references to it I can find offhand are from 2005.
Is there much of a demand for these anymore? It's in pretty good shape.

Don't know much about these errors but I really want one!!!

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
The one to look for is called a "low leaf" and yes big demand for them. I don't think yours is one though but you can google it and see some pictures.

OP
OP
TheMcs

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is a high leaf. From what I found, 20k low leads were minted compared to 15k high leaf.

kyle3737

Greenie
Nov 9, 2012
It is definitely not Worthless. I'm assuming that was a joke. The demand has definitely diminished since '05 but you can can still turn a nice profit. I'd say retail it would probably bring $40-$50 in its raw state. If it was slabbed with a grade of MS63 or higher, you're probably looking closer to $100. But grading service + shipping will be around $40 and takes a few weeks. I'd be willing to pay around $35 for it.

Very nice find!

OP
OP
TheMcs

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure it was a joke. That's how I took it anyways.

Took it by the LCS today, he said pretty much the same about value. Bought an airtight case, figure I'll put it back in the coin vault and see if it doesn't appreciate by the time I retire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread