Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay is around 10-11% I believe- and I thought paypal was like 3% im not an expert but those are what I remember from the very little ive done

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not really sure what you mean by receiving an email for Paypal fees because the fees automatically come off the payment, and is only about 3%. Sounds like you probably received your ebay invoice for the $103 sale, and had nothing to do with the coins. You will be billed for them in the next cycle.

OP
OP
crhgymnast1

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not really sure what you mean by receiving an email for Paypal fees because the fees automatically come off the payment, and is only about 3%. Sounds like you probably received your ebay invoice for the $103 sale, and had nothing to do with the coins. You will be billed for them in the next cycle.
A receipt email

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful opening PayPal e-mails. There are lots of fake ones out there hoping to get your financial info. It's best to go to their site on your own rather than any link you find in an E-mail.

OP
OP
crhgymnast1

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful opening PayPal e-mails. There are lots of fake ones out there hoping to get your financial info. It's best to go to their site on your own rather than any link you find in an E-mail.

Oh wow. That's sucks I'll have to remember that. I did go to there sight though good thing!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A receipt email

You'll get a notification when the buyer pays, but you won't get an email saying you owe $14. I wouldn't have the time to count how many transactions I have coming in and out of PP, but can tell you there's no reason you'll need anything email related when it comes to PP. You have all you need once you log in to the PP page.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Never click on a link in an email that appears to be from either eBay or PayPal! Even though the emails may be legit, it is best to go directly to their' websites by typing in the URL and then signing on. When I sold on eBay on a regular basis, I would get at least two or three bogus emails from what appeared to be them or PayPal every week and sometimes one or two a day. By going to their' websites and signing in, you can check to see if the information in the email is correct or not. Forward any and all bogus emails to their' "Spoof" email accounts and they will followup on them.

Frank

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I don't get e-mails from paypal or ebay saying I owe $. I do get e-mails saying my monthly statement is ready, which I go to the site to get.

There are special deals for higher volume sellers, but generally ebay charges 10% and paypal charges 2.9% plus 30 cents (per transaction).

OP
OP
crhgymnast1

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I don't get e-mails from paypal or ebay saying I owe $. I do get e-mails saying my monthly statement is ready, which I go to the site to get. There are special deals for higher volume sellers, but generally ebay charges 10% and paypal charges 2.9% plus 30 cents (per transaction).

That's what I got saying

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This reminds me of something that happened to me a few years ago that I am embarrassed to talk about, but it may help someone else.

I was selling a electronic item on Amazon and I received a inquiry asking for additional pictures and instead of answering through Amazon, I answered directly through my email. About a week went by and then I received a very legit email from what I thought was Amazon with an address and a request to send the item Priority. The email was fake and I didn't go to Amazon to confirm and I sent the item out the next day. The item was going overseas and two days later I realized that it was a scam, but by the time I got someone at the Post Office to help me, a couple of more days went by and it was too late and the item had left the US. I contacted Amazon and they stated that this has been widespread and they know about it. I asked them why they didn't send emails stating to beware or notify customers and they stated that it is as simple as the seller is not suppose to go through and contact the buyer directly. I have since met others who fell for the same scam.

What I learned:

NEVER SEND AN EMAIL DIRECTLY TO A BUYER WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE AUCTION OR SELLING SITE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread