Anybody buy a 2014 Silver Eagle?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one at the Coins store and it seems like the top part of the coin is more polished than the rest of it. I really didn't notice it at the time compared to all the other ones there. But looking at it now it seems to be that the top half the Coins a lot more polished than the bottom half. And on the back of it, it's normal. I tried to take a picture of it but I'm on my iPhone. Kind a looks like it's rainbowed around where the smoother or polished part is also. do any of your Coins look like this?

image-2829428433.jpg

image-3244846514.jpg

You can see it really well the second picture. It almost has that line going across it by the T. I don't assume it's anything special. But it caught my eye as being different. Just wanted to share.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
does seem odd

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike Joyce will always do you right

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike Joyce will always do you right

Very bad experience trying to sell a watch there though. He told me the back of the watch was gold but the whole encasing was. So I told them to take it apart and if you could take it apart he could have the whole thing for free. Basically 15 minutes later they said he couldn't get apart but he would give me 100 bucks for it. I took across the street and the guy over there said it was really rare and he would repair it for me if I wanted. After a couple months he couldn't find the part and ended up buying the watch from me for $700. But that's another story. I do by there on occasion though. But for now All my gold watches if any will go on eBay.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yea, the little old man a GC is a clown, and Benny @ clock and watch repair next to the salon is reputable, but he still cant get my wifes antique watch to work, and my 1925 mantle clock hasn't chimed since he "fixed" it

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
but to answer your op, it is a beauty.