OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every Silverdollar I have has either come from a yard sale or someone's estate who called to sell their coins, except for 5 of them that I bought from somebody off of the site. The 95 S was $200. The 78 was $25. Actually I did buy one off of eBay but that was it.

This one looks like someone painted it... I will replace that one day.

image-692842751.jpg

image-405212637.jpg

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That mint Mark on the 32D jumped out at me right away. I thought it looked a little suspicious as well. Hope it's legit. Those are some nice Morgan's you have there.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

BK... The 1878-P Morgan Dollar has the Reverse of 1879 with 7 Tail feathers. From what I can tell from the pics and although there are a few scratches, nicks and dings, the coin appears that it might grade at MS-63/64 and I believe it may have a DMPL Obverse under the toning. However, the Reverse does not appear to have DMPL surfaces and if the coin was certified and graded, it would not receive a DMPL designation even if the bad toning was not there. Nice coin and probably worth upwards of $230 or possibly more!

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I could be wrong but all I see with the "D" Mint Mark on the 1932-D Washington Quarter is that the coin was possibly lightly cleaned at some point in it's life and the person cleaning left dirt and grime around the Mint Mark. It is extremely hard to remove dirt and grime from around Mint Marks. Again, I could be wrong but I have owned and sold close to a dozen 1932-D Washington Quarters and about as many 1932-S Washington Quarters and none were counterfeited by adding a Mint Mark.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread