coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got each of these coins for $.25 each at a local coin show. Can you guys tell me what condition these coins are in and possibly the selling price of them?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you got a great deal, period. They'd be a delight to pass to your children. As far as selling them, beauty & desire are in the eye of the beholder = whatever anyone is willing to pay. After all, you picked them up at a coin show, and those pros aren't there to give things away.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have picked them up too. I don't have any of those and would have gladly paid for them just to say I had one. Congrats!

coachbedford

Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna go to the coin show YOU go to! They appear to be a 1723 Woods Hibernia halfpenny (considered a US Colonial-- valued around $35-40 retail in that condition); a 1773 Virginia Halfpenny (retails around $45-$55 in the shape its in). Last piece is a 1792 Kentucky Token-- the scarcest of the three (retails around $100 in shape its in). However, I might suspect if the Kentucky Token is genuine--it could be, but I could also see it being an electro copy. But at 25 cents??! You STILL got a killer deal!

THE DA VINCI COIN: A NEWLY-DISCOVERED CLUE TO THE MYSTERY OF THE LOST ARK OF THE COVENANT?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanna go to the coin show YOU go to! They appear to be a 1723 Woods Hibernia halfpenny (considered a US Colonial-- valued around $35-40 retail in that condition); a 1773 Virginia Halfpenny (retails around $45-$55 in the shape its in). Last piece is a 1792 Kentucky Token-- the scarcest of the three (retails around $100 in shape its in). However, I might suspect if the Kentucky Token is genuine--it could be, but I could also see it being an electro copy. But at 25 cents??! You STILL got a killer deal!

THE DA VINCI COIN: A NEWLY-DISCOVERED CLUE TO THE MYSTERY OF THE LOST ARK OF THE COVENANT?

I don't see any reason why all 3 coins wouldn't be genuine. Looks like you got really really lucky and fished these out of a junk box.

The Wood's Hibernia, in this condition, is worth about $20.
The Virginia Halfpenny, in this condition, is worth about $25.
The Kentucky Token, in this condition (which is very rough), is worth about $50.

OP
OP
coinsareawesome

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had also gotten a Connecticut halfpenny from the same box, and a friend that I went to the show with (TheButtonKing) got quite a few ancient coins for $1, one of them being in amazing shape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread