Coinstar luck....

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Silver out of the ground has been slow of late, we still have summer here with dried out soil so my hunting has been spotty.
That should change soon as we are headed into fall.
Yesterday I took my wife to a doctor's appointment at a big hospital where they are doing major work on several areas.
One part of a parking lot near the main entrance is set up with barriers to block a part if it off and all day people walk on a path right next to this barrier from a parking structure across the street.
I always look down when I walk and sitting right there in this path on top of the asphalt right out in the open was a modern quarter that nobody seemed to notice...but me.
Then we took a trip to Wallyworld for some groceries after and sitting in the coin star return tray was this dime.
Gotta hunt wherever you can during the slow times.

Attachments

• photostudio_1507236207543.jpg
    photostudio_1507236207543.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 107

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your silver save! Still haven't found any silver there yet but will keep trying!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

pjdentry

Mar 6, 2017
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to have better luck at finding stuff in Coinstars in lower socioeconomic areas for some reason. Whenever I check middle or higher class places I don't seem to find anything. Just found a steel cent last week in one.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup! Doesn't matter where or when you find it, as long as you find it! And, in finding it, you get to call it TREASURE!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love the coinstar for rejecting silver!

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love the coinstar for rejecting silver!

Lol, I'll take every piece they don't want.

I found a dollar-plus worth of change at Wal-Mart today, so I decided to cash in some re-rolled pennies from last week's hunt. After deducting Coinstar fees, I came out ahead by 12 cents, a Cup O' Noodles, and...the elusive silver dime #10.

20171030_105312.jpg

Some of the toning/schmutz spilled over onto the edge, so at first I thought it might be clad. Then I double-checked the date (1963-D).

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at the grocery store today and went over to the Coinstar. Guess what, I see some coins in the reject tray. Grabbed them and no silver, 4 Canadian nickels and 2 Canadian dimes... will keep at it!

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I had my best day a week or 2 ago. Hit the coinstar and I saw some shiny. My wife grabbed it out for me and it was a lot more than the one coin that I thought. It was 83 cents in modern change, some kind of arcade token, as well as a silver dime and quarter. I got the silver and token and my wife took the rest.

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An uncommon, but equally unspectacular find: an uncashed voucher left on the Coinstar shelf. Only five cents, but it all adds up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread