Hit the daily double coinstar mini jackpot

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went grocery shopping today and checked the coinstars on the way in. Had a ton of clad foreign sitting on top, but in the reject slot sat a lone 1947 dime. Grabbed that up and went shopping, and on the way out I walked by and noticed in the reject slot sat another coin. Turned out to be a 1956 dime. It was a double silver dime day at the grocery store. Love it when that happens!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do that too but 25% of the time the machine is out of order. Probably full of change. Lot of homeless around and I guess they get a lot of loose change. Fills that machine up fast. Good thing they don't know about the reject slot. Still get a few coins a week. Maybe a silver every now and then too.

OP
OP
M

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I notice the machines I check have been out of service a few times too. Usually only offline for a day or 2 at most.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great going...If the machine is out of order its because it got clogged up with foreign or silver coins and they can't make it to the reject slot. When they open them to clean the clog you can just imagine what they find.....

OP
OP
M

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great going...If the machine is out of order its because it got clogged up with foreign or silver coins and they can't make it to the reject slot. When they open them to clean the clog you can just imagine what they find.....

Makes you want to find out when the tech is coming, so you can try and be there and convince the tech it was your silver that clogged it up and you want it back.(I know they won't give it to.you, but one can still try)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to another store today up on Oregon and saw a coin star. (only one in my town in N CA) Glanced at the reject tray and it was empty. I don't know why but I jiggled the handle on the coin slide and .11¢ slid around. I grabbed them before they went into the machine.

So now i will check going in & reject spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread