2000 Lincoln cent Toned is this considered a double ear and other Errors on coin?

92ROLLS

Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obv.jpg Rev.jpg Obv.3.jpg Obv.4.jpg Obv.5.jpg Obv.8.jpg Obv.10.jpg Obv.10.jpg Obv.11.jpg Any and All informationb is Always Appreciated.
Thank You

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normal plating issues, long linear plating bubble near the top.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not seeing anything similar to a doubled ear.
Can you take another image and place an arrow at the area in question?

OP
OP

92ROLLS

Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not seeing anything similar to a doubled ear.
Can you take another image and place an arrow at the area in question?

Thank You ..The one ear is split appearing as two ..I think.... remember... ..this coin world is all new to me so far you know looking for the errors..

Last edited:
OP
OP

92ROLLS

Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok here is the question when a coin have plating issues does that decrease any value if something appears on the coin die breaks cuds maybe doubling on letters and date? so if a coin have plating issues forget about that one?

OP
OP

92ROLLS

Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok here is the question when a coin have plating issues does that decrease any value if something appears on the coin die breaks cuds maybe doubling on letters and date? so if a coin have plating issues just a dud move on?

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Plating issues will diminish the value of any coin that may otherwise be considered by a collector. Some will argue for a few exceptions, but I will not retain for anyone on my list any Zincoln with visible plating issues unless they have previously expressed interest.

Time for more coffee.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plating issues don't command a better price. A Zincoln with no copper is worth more, but some folks have found a way to take the copper off.

OP
OP

92ROLLS

Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plating issues don't command a better price. A Zincoln with no copper is worth more, but some folks have found a way to take the copper off.
THANK YOU for your information..yes seen those
Lincoln cents without cooper looks like green plastic almost and noticeably less in weight.

OP
OP

92ROLLS

Feb 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU... for your experienced information.I want to be correct exact about what to watch out for .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions