Fairplay Colorado

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wife and I made a two day run to Denver this week. We had the pleasure of going thru Fairplay going up and back. Going up was clear but comming back was cloudy and rainy in spots. Had a great lunch outside at a nice little mom & pop restaurant and took some photo's of the old town. Had a great time and got to see a piece of history. On the way back my wife got some photo's of Mt. Antero where the Weather Channel has a series going on precious mineral mining. What an awsome mountain! Working up there sure takes a lot of courage. Not sure if I could do it. Anyway it's nice to see some history here in our great state and look forward to seeing much more in the comming years since we moved here last fall from Kansas.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad you had a nice time. I was up there last Friday Aug 2 and did some gold prospecting, beautiful country for sure!

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're in Pagosa Springs? Beautiful area. Welcome!

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes, we've been here going on a year and love it. Beautiful area and a great place to retire!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread