diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That area makes me drool. I would love to walk that Sante Fe trail. Any of those old houses have probably never seen a detector. Extra friendly people in that part of the word. If you hike into any remote canyons they are full of artifacts. I hunt around Trinidad occasionally. Here is a metate from that area!!! I'm sure the local museums would have lots of good information. Hope you get some good permissions and post some great finds. We used to go out to incredible sites on these huge ranches down there. Welcome to tnet, Good luck!! 0720170702-1.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kimberlyykaye

Jul 17, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice looking metrate. I actually grew up in that area less than 5 miles from the Santa Fe Trail, I was wondering how many people have been down there to detect. I can tell you they are a rare site in the area. I know of some great spots. A lot Native America history down that way also, so it would definitely be a fun hunt.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My uncle had a ranch along the trail by Hoehne. I detected there briefly. I am sure most of those sites would be untouched by detectors. That sure sounds fun. Message me any time ill be down in 3to4 hours:) That was such a well traveled major route with much older things. Happy hunting!

OP
OP
K

Kimberlyykaye

Jul 17, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My uncle had a ranch along the trail by Hoehne. I detected there briefly. I am sure most of those sites would be untouched by detectors. That sure sounds fun. Message me any time ill be down in 3to4 hours:) That was such a well traveled major route with much older things. Happy hunting!

Will do! It was very well traveled area, anyone who has travelled even the highway is bound to notice the old homestead, schools, barns, mills, etc. Once you get off the highways there's even more around, and I doubt many would say no to detecting on their land.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread