South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nahabit said:
bigcypresshunter said:
nahabit said:
yes for me very hard.... :'( I shall soon go to English school - for studying language. I dream to receive certificates Toefl and microsoft...But without excellent knowledge of language I cannot pass examinations, our forum to me very much helps!
But without an excellent knowlege of the language, I cannot pass the examinations. Our forum helps me very much.
Sometimes we do not use complete sentences here on the TN forum. ;D ;D
But, like I said, I am very impressed that you and other Russians are learning English.
impressed??? At EACH Russian school teach minimal knowledge of English language. 90 % of young people to some extent know English
impressed???-- This word means that you affected me strongly; usually favorably. I am amazed; to affect with wonder.

Learning English is good. Your country either realizes that to learn English helps to get ahead in this world, or it wants to learn its enemy better. ;) :D

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
bigcypresshunter said:
nahabit said:
bigcypresshunter said:
nahabit said:
yes for me very hard.... :'( I shall soon go to English school - for studying language. I dream to receive certificates Toefl and microsoft...But without excellent knowledge of language I cannot pass examinations, our forum to me very much helps!
But without an excellent knowlege of the language, I cannot pass the examinations. Our forum helps me very much.
Sometimes we do not use complete sentences here on the TN forum. ;D ;D
But, like I said, I am very impressed that you and other Russians are learning English.
impressed??? At EACH Russian school teach minimal knowledge of English language. 90 % of young people to some extent know English
impressed???-- This word means that you affected me strongly; usually favorably. I am amazed; to affect with wonder.

Learning English is good. Your country either realizes that to learn English helps to get ahead in this world, or it wants to learn its enemy better. ;) :D
may be may be :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
48/50 but as jeff said two of the questions were set up so that they had two correct answers. ill tell you what nahabit, if this test had been in russian, i would have gotten 0/50! i think you did really well! ;)

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
I did rather poorly. I will admit. Вы ответили правильно на 43 вопросов из 50.
Ваш уровень - Upper-Intermediate

I do have and excuse though, I only went to 12 years of school and they didn't teach English until the 13th year.
Mike

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Вы ответили правильно на 51 вопросов из 50.
Ваш уровень - Advanced

I dunno what this means, but 51 out of 50 is good, right? ;)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Nahabit,

I got 48/50.

I used to be the coordinator for a team of social workers and employment counselors in Manchester, New Hampshire. Manchester has a rather large immigrant population; speaking several languages. Many Russians,( I believe now over10,000.) We dealt with many, many immigrants just arriving in USA. Language was a BIG problem, and we always set them up in English classes. Well.............one of the first things they were told in those classes, was to watch TV. And speak what they heard...Most of them said that listening to English on TV was what REALLY helped them to learn the language. Do you have access to English speaking TV programs? If you do, listen and repeat what you hear.That might help you a lot. Just a suggestion. And good luck!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Nahabit,

I got 50/50, but I had to guess on two.

Оно смотрит к мне как золотистая монетка использует американца Babelfish к русскому переводчику! Я использую средство программирования перевода SYSTRAN. Я также знаю некоторого русского от моих школы и воинских дней

Best,

Mike

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
47/50 ... thoroughly drunk from the beginning. Can we view which one's we missed? I was a bit embarrassed at how some of these really stumped me... Nahabit, this took me two beers to get through... was this really the "complete beginner" level test? (as indicated at the website). Me go sleep now. this was fun. -Ben

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHOA! Cheap Date! Two beers and you're thoroughly drunk?

Even sober, a couple of those questions are TOUGH! They have two correct answers, and getting the correct answer they got is a guess at best.

Mike

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
Ashleen said:
Nahabit,

I got 48/50.

I used to be the coordinator for a team of social workers and employment counselors in Manchester, New Hampshire. Manchester has a rather large immigrant population; speaking several languages. Many Russians,( I believe now over10,000.) We dealt with many, many immigrants just arriving in USA. Language was a BIG problem, and we always set them up in English classes. Well.............one of the first things they were told in those classes, was to watch TV. And speak what they heard...Most of them said that listening to English on TV was what REALLY helped them to learn the language. Do you have access to English speaking TV programs? If you do, listen and repeat what you hear.That might help you a lot. Just a suggestion. And good luck!

Unfortunately is not present... I have no access to the English language speaking TV.... In Russia unfortunately films in foreign languages or if are sold which are not sold, costmany dollars...I am glad that this test has pleased you!! ;D ;D :D

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
My gerlfriend has answered on 42 out 50 :) for 13:36 time ::)

She have Huge Brain :))))

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nahabit said:
My girlfriend has answered on 42 out 50 :) for 13:36 time ::)

She have Huge Brain :))))

she must speak very fluant English because i only got 48 and i have been speaking it my whole life! English is a hard language to learn and i think you speak English pretty well nahabit. i always understand your posts.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
hollowpointred said:
English is a hard language to learn and i think you speak English pretty well nahabit. i always understand your posts.

I agree. I am a former English teacher, and even for persons born in America it can be a difficult language. The important thing is not to score high on a grammar test, but to express ideas clearly and in an interesting way— and you do that very well. Keep posting!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 48 of 50, but I don't know which ones I could have missed? Monty

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
49/50

the one with "should" vs "ought to have" threw me - I'm guessing that's the one I missed.

It was cool to see that, thanks nahabit

Nan

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
af1733 said:
Woo-Hoo! 50 out of 50! I knew that English degree would take me far! ;D

Well, that explains it. ::)

I need hardly add that I suffer from the same affliction.

Ever noticed how spellbound people become when you mention dactylic tetrameter or retained objective complements?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
PBK said:
af1733 said:
Woo-Hoo! 50 out of 50! I knew that English degree would take me far! ;D

Well, that explains it. ::)

I need hardly add that I suffer from the same affliction.

Ever noticed how spellbound people become when you mention dactylic tetrameter or retained objective complements?
You actually make it that far in a conversation? Impressive! People just stop talking to me when I start correcting their grammar. I tell them I can't help it, but they never seem to listen. I'm surprised my wife hasn't hit me with a frying pan yet... ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roswellborn said:
49/50

the one with "should" vs "ought to have" threw me - I'm guessing that's the one I missed.

It was cool to see that, thanks nahabit

Nan

I don't remember which I chose, But I do remember using
up alot of time rereading that one.

it was probably one of the Questions I Chose Wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions