Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Gang,
Some of you may be asking whatever happened to the original Desert Magazine, and some may not even know what it was.. The old timers will tell you that it was one of the best sources for just about anything do to with the southwest. It had just about everything in it, from archeology, travel, 4x4ing, treasure hunting, metal detecting, etc. etc....

rhenderson.jpg

This magazine was founded in 1937 by Randall Henderson and J Wilson McKenney while overlooking the Colorado Desert. Henderson was a old newspaper guy who believed in the only way one could truly write about something, is to experience it. One of his favorite expressions was " let the leather hit the sand ", and in todays age it's even more important. With this in mind I have decided to start a new Dezert Magazine !!!!! We will be a quarterly online magazine with stories that will be enhanced with video links etc.....
So if you want to get a idea what we are talking about, please check out the site: http://www.dezertmagazine.com. We will have a " demo " magazine out by early next month, and the first real issue will be on Oct 1 2010. We will also concentrate on the American southwest ( AZ, NM, CA, NV, and UT ), and will be focusing on archeology, anthropology, 4x4ing, history, travel, botany, wildlife and treasure hunting. So if you would like to showcase a story ( this is a paying gig ), or have a product you would like to share with the southwest please let me know. And if you have written for the Original Desert Magazine, we REALLY want to talk to you !!!! Or if you would like to be on our newsletter mailing list please just add your email to the " subscribe " section. If you would like to let us know what you think of the site please feel free to post here....

This will be posted on the California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and Utah boards, among others...

Thank You
PLL/John Grasson
Editor
Dezertmagazine.com

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dezert Magazine is up and running !!!!! LNKS

sounds really good and interesting. looking forward to do some good reading.
are you going to have anything about gold prospecting?
i know about the treasure part but was just wondering about the prospecting.
thanks much and wishing you the very best in your new venture.
take care and be safe out there. ron

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Dezert Magazine is up and running !!!!! LNKS

Hello Ron,
Yes we will be covering prospecting as well..... If you have any stories I would enjoy hearing them as well....

Thx
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions