S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this weeks boxes finally had new code on the box... didnt make much difference this week anyway.

BOX 1- skunk
BOX 2- skunk

i picked up 100 $ MWR and 100$ CWR dimes when i got the boxes, all were skunks

80$ in halfs, that turned out to be dumps from a friend lol

1 ike- clad

100$ in halfs from my friend the teller where i got the collection dump. skunk

140 Brinks dimes - skunk

last but not least, i finally got around to the dime box ive had for about a week, its twin produced nothing, but this one produced 2 ROSI's. the first was definitely a reverse ender, but i didnt even notice it thru the holes in the box. so that kept me on track with the one a week. i also found my first bermuda 10 cents.. i found a couple bermuda pennies, but never a dime

im hoping that i can get the dimes in my area to produce, but it does look like i have a place to get clear brinks, and my pickup bank does not mind selling me CWR( she had to sharpie over customer numbers) but that means the will look out for that too

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got lucky and found 3 40%s while dumping the day before my pickup, i also dumped 602$ worth of dimes and halves into a machine, and when i cashed out i was talking with the teller, how noticed i cashed halves, and was a collector and managed to dump 620$ in rolled halves.. definitely dumps, all well lol, not sure if he tricked me or what.

So, halve box 1&2 was skunked, but i did find a 2003 s (clad)
dime box 1&2 were also skunks

but i found silver before the week even started so im good! my pickup bank has been more then accommodating to me, and has no problem ordering me boxes of whatever, so i think after m next pickup w/treats i will ask about getting ikes maybe?? cant hurt to ask!

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i plan on keeping with the boxes, i know from following silverfaces threads that you never know what could be in each box. i am however going to get my dimes from the bank im getting my loan thru, they use brinks.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this week i forgot to order my 2 boxes, but i went up north with my wife again. i had hoped to go to the bank that kept boxes last time, but this time they were out. last time i was there it was a Saturday and they had at least 2 boxes, but this past Friday they were out, she said that they come in one wed. and are usually gone by Thursday ( from the collectors, she said) it must of been a fluke that i was able to get them last time... but i did get my first MWR Ben from one of those boxes so im not to hurt.

i do believe that i did find the boxes that they had tho.. re-rolled and dumped at the next bank lol. and then another box across the street, i went thru them anyway, just to be sure.. when i hit that side of town last time i thought for sure there was no hunter, now i see i may be dealing with a pro. But when i got the first repackaged dump the teller also had 15$ loose and 25 ikes, not sure if all from the same person, i doubt the loose were anyway, i dont see a hunter dropping a box, and a handful of loose but anyway there was a 67 in it.. and from the side i think it would fool alot of rim checkers... maybe not because i look at everything that doesn't just scream clad, it had kinda the blackish clad and then the silver color. i wouldn't be surprised if its been passed up.

well after trailing the pro all day, i decided for the good ol' fail save... DIMES!! and lots of them lol. my wife said she didnt want me to get dimes because there small and boring... but i like AG and i also really like mercs... so i got 2 boxes from one bank, 85$( mix of MWR and CWR)and 250$ halfs (also dumps i believe) from another, and after i dropped some of the dumped halfs i went back to the bank that sold me the 85$ and halfs... i wish i had bought more from them because they had brinks clear wrapped boxes. which almost wernt any easier to hunt because a lot of the wraps spill dimes, so it wasn't as easy lol. but in that i found my second MERC!!! a 1937, i also found a 48 FDR.

i still have 2 boxes to go thru, wish me luck

so this week so far

1275ish $ halfs 1 40%

350ish dimes (so far) 1 1937 merc dime and 1 1948 FDR

Good job on all the silver.

One Note: Pro's don't reroll and dump, they use coin lock bags or coin counters. What you are dealing with there is an amateur.

I wish you continued luck with your hunting.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on all the silver.

One Note: Pro's don't reroll and dump, they use coin lock bags or coin counters. What you are dealing with there is an amateur.

I wish you continued luck with your hunting.

i have to agree, i think he/she is kind of a amateur because they are dumping boxes at a bank with a counter... i have a account with them and use the machines, but i only have one in my local area with a counter, so i tend to dump some in the machine and then reroll some, of course if i wanted to up my pickup any higher then it is i would need another machine, or bags.. but for me rerolling a box, and dumping another isnt really a deal breaker. it just makes me wonder if maybe they use like TDs machine and then take a couple boxes to my bank.. maybe banks in this area dont offer bags?.. either way it was a pain behind him.. and i think it happened this week again

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i pick up my boxes this afternoon.. my wife is drilling these next few weeks and i asked her to get a box from the bank up north that keeps them in stock... yesterday was our anniversary so she was coming back, i was happy she was coming back but i was excited about the box too :)

well i called the bank in the morning to see how early she could pickup them up ( vs. just saying "hey, what time do they deliver your money??) and they said they came in on Tuesday.. so anytime is fine.. this was on Wednesday when they originally said they get their boxes.. well my wife came home and it wasnt a sealed box.. i left that part out because i had ASSumed its a pickup bank and not a dump bank..

so whoever this person is, i do not have their routine figured out like i thought i did..adapt and overcome.. i will get this down, i have high expectations from this branch, is just so far from me it is not worth the drive just for coin, plus im not a member so im luck i can even buy there..

anyway.. did a little bit of hunting yesterday.. mostly dumping, but did put my son in a stroller and walked around to 5 banks in a big plaza.. all but 1 were closed... oops.. late afternoon hunting lol..

pickup 2 boxes of halves today and maybe some dimes this afternoon.. im still hoping for 1 a week!

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box 1 was a skunk,
Box 2 is still sealed, may get to it this afternoon

But all is right in the universe, i was really shocked when my wife came home with the opened box, it just didnt make sense from what i know about CRHing and normal practice. Well she went back on friday to drill, so i called the bank up and asked if they still had any halfs, she checked and said there was 2 more boxes in the vault, i asked if they were sealed or repacked and she said that tey were sealed, i told my wife and she went. She called me alittle while later to tell me that she went there and the teller said he only had 400 $ worth, and that they dont even get boxes? all they have is what is brought there...
So i decided to call them back because i this point i had a couple theory's...

1) the teller my wife is talking to is not the same teller i spoke with on the phone, and the guy is a collector/ something, but does not want m wife getting new boxes

2) this teller is just plain confused

3) -what i really figured happened- my wife was going to the wrong bank

when i called the bank back, and told them my wife came in and was turned around, and she said that the 2 boxes were till in the vault, and that they did not have a male teller their that day i knew what happened lol.

when she came home i found out she was going to our bank, practically across the street from the right one lol, but now it all makes perfect sense, and its just like last time, they get them from a. and drop at b. and c. but i also know that they are not hunting every week, because this will be the second time they have sat thru the weekend... shes going back tuesday, and hopefully can get the original 2 boxes plus the new shipment... one at a time of course, shes prego

so one sad box left from this week, hoping to salvage the one a week

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, so I didn't technically get to that box in the same week, but I did do it right before I got last weeks boxes, the day before actually.. I found 1 40% half, so that code is not a complete waste, but probably not going to produce the best.. so even tho it was late, I had the box and will count that towards my 1 a week, while on my way to dump later that same day I pulled a lone 64 halve out of a tray. which in turn salvaged last weeks 1 a week, because the 2 boxes produced a clad proof each.. no AG

my wife did however, return with 2 sealed boxes.. they were not the more square boxes that are double stacked like they had been last time, these are the same rectangle ones I get from my bank that have strings and sons. but these 2 are both loomis, so I believe this should be a new one for me.. will keep you updated, plan on doing them this morning

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this week I did not order boxes, we are hopefully clsing this week and I didn't have the time. I still have half of one box my wife brought back, the first 1 1/2 have been skunks so far.

Although I did go to the bank to deposit cash from the week prior, they didn't have any loose halves, as I was leaving town I felt compelled to go thru the drive thru of the last bank ( I passed 3 after leaving my bank) and out of 9 $ loose I found a lone 69, giving me 1 for this week

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have not ordered boxes the last two weeks, I have been hoping to close on my house, but keep getting screwed around by the bank... which is funny considering my hobby, and the fact that its not tellers this time!!haha, just big wig stuff..

well the past couple weeks have consisted more of small road trips, I finally finished the last half f a halve box I had from loomis,( that my wife picked up) my wife pulled a lone 64 out of the box putting me at 1 for the week.

now for the fun part! I was in a town with a few banks around each other.. picked one to go to.. the tellers n their were all in shock that I wanted all there halves.. they had collectively over 600$ between tellers and the vault, and said that they have built up the pile over some time, and that they wernt just from someone, and were shocked I wanted them all.... weird, several different types of wrappers, about 100 or so dollars worth of just Bi-Cens, but no silver... the walking into a gas station I see a quarter on the ground... pick it up, and its a clad proof! I think Washington state I believe. its with my halve proofs..

I also stopped at a random branch of my dump bank ive never been to, and asked for halves.. they had none, but the bank manager asked me if I wanted a box!!!! talked to him for a bit, he asked me if I was looking for silver and I said ya, and proofs, before I left I asked if he was a collector and he said only silver lol, I bet he was just looking for a excuse to order boxes.. either way I don't care. nice guy and I should have a box next week. im glad because I have been all but skunked with my current pickup boxes, im keeping my fingers crossed that it comes in one of the cube boxes, ive had much better luck with those!!

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i havent even touched the boxes i picked up last week, this home buying process is crazy.. still waiting for a call about a new pickup.. hope it pans out.

i want to pick up more dimes but the last few weeks have been pretty busy, once i move in and get settled i plan on getting a more steady flow going with dimes and halfs.. maybe not too much, i have another baby coming next month!

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i picked up from the new pickup, unfortunately they get there coins from the same place my pick up does... which also means, most likely that they send there coin from the machines to this place, who in turn packages them and ships them.. so i have mostly likely been recycling the same coin for some while now, which would explain alot, not meaning that someone else may not dump some good stuff into the counter, so i will continue to pick up boxs from my original bank, i still have a box and a half from the week prior, havent done much hunting, still trying to close.. i plan calling all of the local CU's around here because they do shared branching, and maybe one will order me boxes,

sidenote.. im starting to wonder if they are jerking me around with this home loan cause they know im a CRHer? they have my bank statements that show 1K halves withdrawn every week, they may be gettin even lol, i hope not

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i have gone threw all my halves ive been slacking on, all skunk, in the last month i think ive picked maybe 50$ loose, we just had our second son and things are pretty hectic, and still haven't closed on our house. i ordered 2 boxes of dimes from my pickup bank, and i have a list of about 40+ CU's that i will see if they can order halves for me without a account, long shot but who knows?

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still haven't called the other banks... my wife had our son a few weeks early and its been crazy! ive had 2 boxes of dimes in my wifes car for like a month and finally just got to them. The first box produced a lone 47 d on the very last roll!! that's happened to me a few times now, the second box was a skunk, but 3 Canadian dimes that fooled me a couple times.. one was pretty obvious.. over the last couple months ive stopped at a few random banks, and I think Ive pulled 1 40% that I accidently left in my wife car and she spent it on a toll... she knows that silver but assumed if I left it in the car it would be clad, because im smarter then to leave a good one near all the clad ones she uses for tolls... she was wrong lol, so was ai, all well, easy come easy go

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new addition! 3 months ago my wife and had our first, and that really changed the time I could spend on this hobby... But I'm not complaining, greatest thing that ever happened to me! Glad to hear you're still grinding and finding a little time.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new addition! 3 months ago my wife and had our first, and that really changed the time I could spend on this hobby... But I'm not complaining, greatest thing that ever happened to me! Glad to hear you're still grinding and finding a little time.

well congrats to you too! it really is great, the first year has been real fun with so many new things, you have a lot to look forward too

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just picked up 2 boxes of dimes, and 200$ cwr of dimes, i haven't done the boxes yet but i got mu first silver from a cwr.. a 60 D.. i also finished my first dollar face value of AG dimes.. long way to go to catch up to the mihunter

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished 2 boxes of dimes, SKUNK, these may have been my dumps finding their way back to me... my pick up and dump are different banks, but use the same carrier.. so i have backed away from half boxs, but figured dimes curculate enough and are used enough that it wouldnt matter how much i search and dump, dimes are used a heck of alot more then halves and the ones i dump are probably repacked and on the order list for dozens of banks, unlike the halves where it seems im the only one getting them.. all well, always next week

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread