2 of the cwrs of dimes were all Canadians minus o.e random rosi in the middle

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Up there in Maine close to the Canadian border, I'll be you see tons of Canadian coins. I usually find Canadian dimes and silver dimes in about the same numbers. The Canadian dimes are tricky, but fun to find anyway.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the pros mark a sampling of their coins so they can tell if they're getting the same searched coins back. I think I'm going to start doing the same thing. I want to know whether I'm re-searching my old dumps. The last of my four boxes had far fewer marked coins, and I ended up finding seven Walkers and a Barber. They were in Brinks rolls, so I'm thinking part of the Brinks halves come from local Coinstar machines. I'm guessing that after the funeral, some thoughtless person took that jar of coins from Grandpa's cupboard and dumped it into a Coinstar machine. I'm sure glad there's careless people out there doing that. I'm finding their goodies in my boxes.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been awhile, i haven't done much hunting sense i bought my house.. here and there but never anything big, i think i found a couple clad proofs.. anyway i got my taxes and ordered 2 boxes of halves and 4 boxes of dimes.. ive only done the halves and 2 boxes of dimes but so far swing and miss! one 09 clad proof halve and a 03 clad proof dime, maybe with the last too boxes, the dimes is no big surprise, or the halves for that matter, because my dump bank uses the same carrier as my pick up bank I couldn't really do much before, but I figured it had been awhile, maybe I would get lucky but nope lol.. anyway il finish the rest later

Last edited:

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you back in the game. I had a huge score in January 108-40% and 20-64s. It wasn't quite as big as your huge score, but it reminded me of it.

You got start somewhere even if it's a few skunks. Keep on rolling!

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you back in the game. I had a huge score in January 108-40% and 20-64s. It wasn't quite as big as your huge score, but it reminded me of it.

You got start somewhere even if it's a few skunks. Keep on rolling!

Thanks Zero- I saw that score too, ive still been checking the forum and keeping up with you guys, haven't seen silverface in awhile either

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...I hope Silverface is doing okay. I started up again in January with a smaller bankroll, but enough to order a couple boxes a week. So far, it's been a great year. I hope February ends even better.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I sent a message to SilverFace back in mid-December and never heard anything back. Hope he's well. Good to see you posting s'kizzle

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So still have two boxes of dimes left, gonna do at least one today..

last Thursday I dumped some of halves and dimes I went thru and ended up stopping by a random savings bank and they ended up having a lot of rolls, a lot more then they would give thru the window, I had both my boys in the back so just went thru the window, but she said she had a whole box, so I super dad'd it and brought them both in, only had enough for one box, and im glad I bought it, it was one of the cube boxes, always have had better luck with them, that's where I got my first franklin in a MWR, well this box produced a lone 46 walking liberty! im pretty stoked, like only 4 rolls left when I saw it to, not very worn, but alil scratched and dirty, but still a first for me.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So still have two boxes of dimes left, gonna do at least one today..

last Thursday I dumped some of halves and dimes I went thru and ended up stopping by a random savings bank and they ended up having a lot of rolls, a lot more then they would give thru the window, I had both my boys in the back so just went thru the window, but she said she had a whole box, so I super dad'd it and brought them both in, only had enough for one box, and im glad I bought it, it was one of the cube boxes, always have had better luck with them, that's where I got my first franklin in a MWR, well this box produced a lone 46 walking liberty! im pretty stoked, like only 4 rolls left when I saw it to, not very worn, but alil scratched and dirty, but still a first for me.
I remember being completely blown away the first time I found a Walker. Any box with a Walker is a good box. Congrats.

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finally finished the last two boxes, nada- that's a first for me, 4 boxes of dimes with no ag! that's crazy, all well.

good news is the bank that gave me the box of halves with the walker sold me another box and a half and pulled 4 40%s out of it.. so I may have found my new pick up bank, will probably open a account with them and start getting new boxes, its nice because they obviously use a different carrier then my dump bank.. maybe onto the AG again!

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
finally finished the last two boxes, nada- that's a first for me, 4 boxes of dimes with no ag! that's crazy, all well.

good news is the bank that gave me the box of halves with the walker sold me another box and a half and pulled 4 40%s out of it.. so I may have found my new pick up bank, will probably open a account with them and start getting new boxes, its nice because they obviously use a different carrier then my dump bank.. maybe onto the AG again!
It's pretty unusual to do that many dime boxes and get skunked. In my area, Brinks dimes are more AG rich than Loomis boxes, so switching banks may make a difference for you. Good luck. At least you scored a few 40%ers to get your silver fix for the week.

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding some silver and a new source of halves. Keep on rolling [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]!

OP
OP
S

starkizzle

Mar 9, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
soon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 more boxes,

32 40%