pinpointing on deus

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone else not use the pinpointing feature, just wondering if I was the only one not using it or if others to dont. I find the machine so accurate that even at my recent 9" penny from this morning I didnt use it, I mean it does work & work well but i realized today I just dont use it do a cross & x it out bang its right there the tone u can even tell by the strength of it just listen

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the same technique w/my AT Pro. However...I do still use the pp to get a depth reading coming straight down on the target. But not to use it as a locator just for depth as it's more accurate.

So this should be an easy transition! Good to know!

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the same technique w/my AT Pro. However...I do still use the pp to get a depth reading coming straight down on the target. But not to use it as a locator just for depth as it's more accurate.

So this should be an easy transition! Good to know!

Ya ull get exactly what I'm saying about the accuracy of this deus soon as it comes in for ya count down has begun buddy

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my pin pointer when there's a question about the target size! If I can lift the coil 6 inches and still get a signal,it's too big to be a coin(most of the time,it's a alum can crushed flat). Other than that X marks the spot!:thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Minelab wiggle or pull back method.

Get target centered on the coil and swing it back and forth in 2-3 in swing as you pull the coil back toward you. When the tone drops off the target is right in front of the coil. This is a great method to discriminate bottle caps too. Most generally bottle caps with have significant audio change right before they drop off in tone.

Try it, it works! :icon_thumleft:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes,it does help ID the Bottle Caps!:thumbsup: They kinda get a crackling sound as they break off too!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pin pointing feature on the Deus is "spot on",but I can't really wait to turn it off,once it's on!:thumbsup: It sounds like the neighbors cat,when I stepped on it's tail!:laughing7: Most of the time,I use the criss,cross method,and wiggle back the coil,and it's right there!:thumbsup: Thanks,for the tip,Bart!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deus has a pinpoint button ? Lol not a fan either, its definitely a machine that's like u said spot on u just don't need it

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The deus has a pinpoint button ? Lol not a fan either, its definitely a machine that's like u said spot on u just don't need it
Yeah,that awful screeching sound makes my hair stand on end!:laughing7:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone probably knows this already, but some may not.

Keep in mind that DD coils pin point a lot differently than concentric coils. DD coils pin point at the "V" in the coil as where the concentric coils pin point in the center of the coil. To be accurate.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a lot less, now that I've used the Deus pin point feature!:laughing7:

Yeah and I can tell you.. it aint coming back any time soon... lol Least in my experience. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread