I think I have found the perfect Waterproof Case for the Control Unit (Video Review)

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garret Pro-Pointer, Lesche Digger, Minelab Pro-Swing 45
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hows it going everyone?

So since I received my new XP DEUS I wanted to try and find the ultimate Waterproof Case for the Control unit to protector my Investment while detecting the Pacific Northwest. After many many store trips to find that right one, I believe I have found it! Please check out the video below to see how great this case is. I hope it helps those of you looking for that right case for it.

Regards,
Adam

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I have a couple aswell for mine same idea the one i usually use is a Basic iPhone joggers case shock resistance clear front u can hear it hit the controla & it just wraps on ur arm just like a watch works awesome u see alot of them on the bíceps of joggers mostly but fits the control perfect. The headphone backbones there kinda water proof u cant go in submerged in the water for Long but they will hold to rain i beleive theres a YouTube vid showing them in a fishbowl working underwater. Also Congrates on ur new deus I advise Andy's deus hand book very well written

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat idea, need to check them out but in no hurry right now. Lol

OP
OP
B

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garret Pro-Pointer, Lesche Digger, Minelab Pro-Swing 45
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I have a couple aswell for mine same idea the one i usually use is a Basic iPhone joggers case shock resistance clear front u can hear it hit the controla & it just wraps on ur arm just like a watch works awesome u see alot of them on the bíceps of joggers mostly but fits the control perfect. The headphone backbones there kinda water proof u cant go in submerged in the water for Long but they will hold to rain i beleive theres a YouTube vid showing them in a fishbowl working underwater. Also Congrates on ur new deus I advise Andy's deus hand book very well written

I have a few armbands armband as well but this thing is so well built you can't go wrong. Perfect case for it and doesn't look tacky or a rig job. Good to know on the back phones. Yeah I've read through Andy's book twice already to it has helped big time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ya know i also seen out there is think there calling it a jelly case for the control pad ive seen utube vids & on the deus site looks good & it fits on the stem in the case for better protection

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the UK case treated with NikWax and a plastic baggie dropped over it. When the baggie gets trashed I put a new one on. Use what works for you.

OP
OP
B

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ya know i also seen out there is think there calling it a jelly case for the control pad ive seen utube vids & on the deus site looks good & it fits on the stem in the case for better protection
Yeah those are the silicone cases that XP makes for em but they have the back opened for speaker and the back opened for the clip to lock onto the shaft. I also have one of those and they are great for every day use but not for wet days.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well that answers my question of If there good or not thanks for the info

OP
OP
B

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem Bart! Glad it is something that may help you out!

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post, Balla.

Sorry if I'm a bit off-topic, but does Andy sell his book in digital? I checked a couple months ago with Deus users, and everyone said "no." Not sure if that's changed since then.

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post, Balla.

Sorry if I'm a bit off-topic, but does Andy sell his book in digital? I checked a couple months ago with Deus users, and everyone said "no." Not sure if that's changed since then.

If he does I was unable to find it. Seems odd as it was created in a digital format and DF usually means more profit (no printing costs) and more sales (harder to loan a book to a friend)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as i know to only paper copy, I think its to cut down the illegally down loading of it, but im not 100% positive either

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed Andy about his book. He's working on digital protections right now and will sell non-paper copies when that's done. I'm looking forward to getting a copy on my phone.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be cool i should ask If the ones who have bought the book If we'd be able to get a discount considering it wasnt an option befor id rather it on my phone myself or somethi.g digital

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good set up if you are using the wireless headphones.
I am a little confused on the connection to the handle. I thought he said that he used the one off of the shaft and attached to back of case. If so how do you then attack the control box when not in the case?

I must have missed something that is most likely simple.
Thanks

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good set up if you are using the wireless headphones.
I am a little confused on the connection to the handle. I thought he said that he used the one off of the shaft and attached to back of case. If so how do you then attack the control box when not in the case?

I must have missed something that is most likely simple.
Thanks

You know XP has a factory one now correct?

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to use a protective case ,get something similar to whats on Allan's XP site it's submersible,it has a headphone adapter ,so you can use it with waterproof ear buds , but the case around your neck on a lanyard ,get your self an antenna ( use mini coax ) which you can push up through the stem .
XP have brought out a waterproof arm band type case ,made of polythene transparent with the audio adapter ,,cheapest I've seen it in the UK is £17 so not to expensive ,probably made in,China !!..
I've used these clear plastic polythene swimming type bags before and they don't last long the get brittle and crack ,otterbox lifeproof is the way to go IMO...

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
You know XP has a factory one now correct?

Hey Bart, are you saying that XP now has a "factory" water proof case for the control box? If so, could you provide a link to it, as I am unable to find it. Thx!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread