Thinking of switching from F75 to Deus need input.

pvtcook

Sep 2, 2011
Corinth,Ms
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Whites MXT, Fisher F75 ltd,XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both are great but the XP Deus excels in trash and iron. If that is where you hunt then yes.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunted with a guy who has both the F75 and Deus. He likes them both from what I gather and he does come on this forum some. Not sure as to his screen name so maybe he can and will see this post and respond. Good luck and if you do decide to buy a Deus it is great time with the drastic price reduction.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Deus - I have had one for the past year and had upgraded from a Teknetics Delta. Mainly beach hunting and coin shooting in parks/schools. Nothing beats it for convenience, portability/light weight, battery duration, and ability to setup a stealth/low profile configuration to minimize drawing attention to yourself when desired. It is super fast (recovery) which makes it a great seeded hunt machine and for picking up multiple targets amongst trash. You can (and should) program custom configurations suited to your hunting goal (coins, relics, salt beach, highly mineralized soil, etc.). That's the good. It does have some drawbacks compared to the F75. (Besides cost). First, there is no true "all metal" mode like on the F75. It comes close, but it is not true all metal based on the way it is based programmed. Second, since most of the smarts reside in the coil, you are limited to basically three DD coil options (9", 11", and 11x13") and each is expensive since it is basically the heart of the machine unlike the multiple coil options including small sharpshooter type coils you can install on the F75 [on the flip side, if you have two coils and shaft assemblies, the main control head and the headphone control unit you basically have two detectors since the control head will link to one coil and the headset can be separately linked to the other coil]. I think XP is coming out with a new coil this year and an upgraded software version for the control head, but I don't have a lot of info on it. The new software release will be free to current owners so there is no reason to wait until that SW comes out to buy. The only reason to wait would be to make your initial coil purchase be the new one, but it may be a while before it is released.

Regarding relic hunting, I tried the Deus on an organized relic hunt in highly mineralized soil in central Virginia. Like most VLF machines, it was highly challenged and I had to go with a PI machine for best effectiveness. Ironically, I recently acquired an F75 and am anxious in baking it off against the Deus relic huniting under similar adverse soil conditions this spring so I plan to post later whether the Deus or F75 fared better (I expect both to do poorly vs. my go to PI machine in those circumstances; Garrett ATX, but the ATX wreaks havoc on my shoulder even with a harness - lol). So far I like the F75 for local coin shooting with small 5" coil vs. the Deus larger coil, but I can see various situations where one excels over the other so I do not plan on giving up my Deus for the F75. Oh, and if you do go with the Deus, I highly suggest picking up a third party book on the machine (see Andy Sasbisch's Deus Handbook as an example) since the manual [though detailed and helpful] will not help you unlock some of the "secrets" of the machine to help it excel at specific hunting duties. Good luck and HTH. HH

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the Deus and the F 75. They both have there merits. I am primarily a relic hunter also. Like it was said the Deus excels in heavy iron trash. They have both found me lots of good stuff though. I always start on a new site with my tesoros though.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the F75 since 2007. I just got a Deus in late December 2015. I haven't had a chance to give it a fair shake yet, and hopefully this weekend I will have a chance to take it to a trashy spot I have hunted hard with the F75. This spot was loaded with flat buttons and I suspect there are still quite a few left. This place will be a true test for the Deus.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
A real true All Metal mode will appear in the v4.0 with special coils for use underwater. A pinpointer connected to the wireless headphone will also be available for the v4.0

Only thing I can promise you today is that you will be able to enjoy this software update for this summer.

Fischer 75 is an excellent machine, very reliable and had so much good time with it... Now the Deus option, especially for relic hunting is probably the most advance and futur proof choice. Very light, versatile...I have NEVER seen a detectorist moving from the Deus to an other machine.

In my case I only use specizlised detectors for sea, shallow and underwater detection... but Deus is always in my Trunk.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread