Beach hunt nets handful of change & 14k gold necklace.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The wife & I rode 5 min from home, over to Ocean City, Md to hunt after the storm. Whats great is everyday the dozers and tractors are pushing tons of sand every which way. Lots of detectorists out there. Managed a handful of change, some rubbish, wife got a small sledge hammer and I got a 25.5 inch, 14k gold chain with star of David pendant. 10.25 grams or $221 gold melt value at todays prices. Nice to find some gold.

No problems on this beach. Reactivity 2 to 3 with 1-3 silencer. Was using 3 reactivity & 3 silencer when I found the gold chain. Read 38 only a few inches down.

Attachments

• DSCN0879.JPG
    DSCN0879.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
  • DSCN0880.JPG
    DSCN0880.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0882.JPG
    DSCN0882.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Good for you.
Nice hunt.
Looks like another 5 min. drive is in order....

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt. :thumbsup: Nice gold, and looks like you scored some cool shades too.8-)
Still waiting for a first gold with the XP.
Thanks for sharing the settings and number it rang up as.
Were you running 16K as usual?
Was wondering if anyone was on the east coast was taking advantage of the stormy weather.
After finding that sucker, I would be planning another trip.........

OP
OP
gwdigger

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was using 18khz. Tried lower freq's but too erratic. Today I tried my relic program and it worked well. Big difference between this beach and the one I hunted in Delaware a week ago. Once I switched my depth DOUBLED I kid you not. Changed my wifes to the relic program as well. More proof the 9" goes uber deep, I often have to help my wife on some signals and she called me over on a few for help today. She had a 9 and I the 11, she got a couple of the deepest signals of the day. One was a quarter at like 15" in the fluffy dry sand. No gold today. $3 in change and some odds and ends. A bunch of hunters must've pounded the place after work because the finds really dried up & there were footprints and holes on every square inch of beach!

Last edited:

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
Nice chain, congrats!
If you use higher silencer settings, deus was less chatter?
Afraid I lost lot of deep targets teh chattering Deus due to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread