OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I turned ID norm off and it's now off on the factory programs also. I'm okay with that, just wasn't sure if that was supposed to work that way.

I guess the configuration menu just saves the last setting when shutting down, just like setting the time out setting on the backlight. Did the ID Norm setting stay off after you power cycled the controller?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure it does stay off since it's a main config setting. I'll have to verify later.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not exactly. It's still part of the configuration menu (where system settings reside) vs. the options menu (where the program parameters reside) but when you save a custom program, your configuration settings are saved too.
If I understand, effectively it is the same thing. It isn't a system-wide setting like it was, apparently. So I will be able to save a program that displays the non-normalized TID for the frequency that I'm running in that program. Right?

PS: Am I the only one that thinks I'm talking with someone completely different since you changed your avatar?

OP
OP
vferrari

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure it does stay off since it's a main config setting. I'll have to verify later.

Yeah, that may be the case but you are also able to save the X-Y screen which is also under the configs menu to specific program setups, I believe. I have not had a chance to load and test v4 final yet to check these specific settings out but it will happen tomorrow now that the snow has melted on my test garden, also known as the local ball field. lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread