Any info on Deus 9" coil ship date to US?

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody know anything about when we'll be getting our new 9" HF coils here in the US? I'm seeing lots of people already getting theirs in the UK.

The dealer I pre-ordered mine from said that they were supposed to get sent out worldwide at the same time. But that can't be, as he still doesn't have a ship date. And from what I can tell, none of the other US dealers do, either.

Just wondering what's up...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last I heard was that US Dealers were expecting shipment by March 31.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End of the month for pointer and 9" coil to the US is what I heard.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elliptical was May.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody know anything about when we'll be getting our new 9" HF coils here in the US? I'm seeing lots of people already getting theirs in the UK.

The dealer I pre-ordered mine from said that they were supposed to get sent out worldwide at the same time. But that can't be, as he still doesn't have a ship date. And from what I can tell, none of the other US dealers do, either.

I'm trying to get you some more info from the US Distributor, can someone PM me some links showing that end users have already received coils in the UK? All the videos I've found are either dealers or original beta testers.

Thanks in advance!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Wayne. I've been seeing quite a few being posted on Facebook. Here are three dealers in the UK who have them in stock right now. That's why I was wondering why we haven't heard anything regarding a ship date over here in the US.
Screenshot_20170317-135846.png Screenshot_20170317-135620.png Screenshot_20170317-135502.png

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And on the update page of the XP website, it says that coils should be arriving "in a few days".

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Indiana Mark

Jul 28, 2016
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I am looking forward to you getting that coil also. Eager to read what you have to say about it. I dropped the ball in getting a coil and pin pointer pre-ordered. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer than those that pre-ordered to have an MI6 available.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I can't wait to get that one too.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the USA distributor last night, "there is no information available yet on shipments to USA".

I still have a few preorder slots available on coil and pinpointer before our initial order is sold out.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Wayne. I really appreciate the effort you've put into this. I guess now all we can do is wait. From all reports, they say this new coil will be worth the wait. Hope so.

And come May, I'll probably be hitting you up for that elliptical. That'll be my prospecting coil.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

According to the USA distributor last night, "there is no information available yet on shipments to USA".

I still have a few preorder slots available on coil and pinpointer before our initial order is sold out.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

I'm on the pre order for the coil right Wayne? I know I haven't sent any money but if you need some I'll send some. I've been working out of state and haven't had time to take care of much. Heck I haven't even updated machine yet. I will be home next thurs and will be one of first things I do after loving on my kids and dogs lol.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Wayne. I really appreciate the effort you've put into this. I guess now all we can do is wait. From all reports, they say this new coil will be worth the wait. Hope so.

And come May, I'll probably be hitting you up for that elliptical. That'll be my prospecting coil.

See I'm thinking the elliptical operating at 15khz is going to be better vs the HF 9" at 15khz for relic hunting in high trash.

So in my mind it boils down to the remaining frequencies. Which higher frequencies are going to be better for gold? The 30 & 60khz of the 9" or the 30 & 80khz of the elliptical?

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See I'm thinking the elliptical operating at 15khz is going to be better vs the HF 9" at 15khz for relic hunting in high trash.

So in my mind it boils down to the remaining frequencies. Which higher frequencies are going to be better for gold? The 30 & 60khz of the 9" or the 30 & 80khz of the elliptical?
For small gold like we have up here in NH, the higher the better. That's why I had considered getting a Fisher Gold Bug 2, because of the 71khz that machine runs at. That was, until they announced the frequencies this elliptical coil would be running at.

And yes, this thing should be better at target separation than either of the 9" coils, due to its size. Depth should suffer a little though.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. They've even got them on eBay already. Smh.
Screenshot_20170319-054331.png

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want the elliptical coil, really digging the high frequency. Hope it will help with the smaller gold jewelry items at the playgrounds and tot lots since we ain't got much gold in these NY hills [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want the elliptical coil, really digging the high frequency. Hope it will help with the smaller gold jewelry items at the playgrounds and tot lots since we ain't got much gold in these NY hills [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see them mainly as excellent prospecting coils that can double as ok general purpose terrestrial and beach coin shooting and jewelry coils at their low frequency end but not with the depth of the legacy coils because they can't dip down to 4 through 12 khz. You will find a lot of tiny stuff with them, but unless it's gold like earring post backs probably not worth keeping ( e.g. camp lead droplets and tiny sinkers, eyeglass screws etc.). Obviously, if you are prospecting the whole point is finding those barely visible flakes and micronuggets you can pan out of the silt or finding those tiny meteorite fragments. fingernail sized small hammeredcoins or even perhaps deep small gold jewelry in sand, and these coils will kill it in those situations - they are just not my situations or a small percentage of my situations.

As far as small gold jewelry in lots and parks, the 9" legacy coil working at 18 khz should do the trick nicely there with the elliptical perhaps providing some improved separation. Just my opinion, but unless you are prospecting or hunting for meteorites in the desert, not seeing the value in dropping that much coin on the hf coils if you have a legacy coil already.

Very similar to my position on the legacy 11x13 " coil from a value perspective. How much is someone willing to pay for some incremental increase in depth performance or an added functionality you will hardly use.

If, however, I was just starting out with a deus (and was not a prospector) and could just get just one coil, I would lean towards the 9" and 11" legacy coils because they cover 95% of my detecting situations but the hf elliptical would certainly be in the conversation and perhaps even the 9" hf. Just my take based on hunting style only.

They appear to be fantastic coils for what they do and if they covered the low frequency range of the legacy coils as well as their hf range they of course would be a no brainer. The depth capability is the most important attribute to me right now not finding stuff my eyes can't see in the dirt, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's precisely the appeal the elliptical coil has to me - prospecting. In fact, that's probably all I'll use it for.

I do wanna see how it sounds off on those on-edge coins though.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's precisely the appeal the elliptical coil has to me - prospecting. In fact, that's probably all I'll use it for.

I do wanna see how it sounds off on those on-edge coins though.

Yeah, I knew you were setting up for prospecting. Let me know when you test your edge on theory to practice. I am really interested in what you find out and also how it works as a higher frequency all around coil. It's lowest frequency is within the normal range of general purpose detecting. I just get a little concerned that some people think these are miracle coils compared to the legacy coils, and I think XP was really catering to some of the European small relic crowd and definitely the wilderness prospectors looking for flakes and micronuggets. There are a lot of things the legacy coils can do that the HF coils cannot since they cannot operate at the lower Deus legacy frequencies.

Hope you don't have to wait much beyond May. Probably just a matter of ramping up their production line at this point. If they made a lower frequency elliptical, even without HF, I would probably scarf that up. They are limited in how small they can make their coils because of everything they cram in there. If they make a lower frequency., smallish elliptical coil that takes advantage of their new external battery setup, that would be really cool. It is also probably not on their radar screen at all. lol.

Andy S. alluded to some hf coil "features" XP is not taking advantage of with the version 4 software build and implied it may improve beach hunting performance, so perhaps I will take another look at the HF coils when and if version 5 SW gets released. lol.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread